Thursday, June 27, 2013

Impatiently Waiting For #1

So, in honor of my goodreads shelf, I decided to just make a blog post for it as well!
This is what you think it is: A blog post to express my frustration at having to wait for these sequels.

#1: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #2)

Release: September 17th 2013

This is definitely the most painful one. I am just really looking forward to where this series is going to take me next, because I find it so intriguing and amazingly done. Also, I care deeply for the characters, and I want to spend more time with them. The wait for this is a new ache every single day. Luckily, only two and a half more months...



#2: Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #3)

Release: June 17th 2014

I. am. so. excited. for this book. I seriously... The wait for this is almost unbearable. I have to know what happens next. As soon as there are ARCs out, I'd be the happiest girl EVER to get one. (Although chances are, I probably won't get one...)



#3: Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Divergent #3)

Release: October 22nd 2013

Only four more months. Four. Hah. Again, these characters are my friends. I want to see what happens to them. I want to see where the story goes next, because it seems this is going to be darn interesting from now on. I am excited to see beyond the border of Chicago and I am expecting a grand, epic finale, because I can't imagine Veronica Roth giving us anything else.



#4: The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #4)

Release: November 19th 2013

I am very much looking forward to finally reading Adrian's POV. And the fact that there are going to be two POVs is making me really, really nervous. Also, that plot twist at the end of Indigo Spell... and the decision Sydney has made — God, can you please give this book to me already? Puh-leeeeaaaseee.



#5: The Unbound by Victoria Schwab (The Archived #2)

Release: January 28th 2014

The Archived made me fall in love with Victoria Schwab's writing style so hard and I really want to read more. I already ordered her debut, The Near Witch, and am waiting for it to arrive. However, I am more excited for this to come out just because WESLEY AYERS, guys. Wesley Ayers.



#6: World After by Susan Ee (Penryn & The End of Days #2)

Release: November 19th 201

This comes out on the same day as The Fiery Heart, and I just noticed. See, this is what blog posts are for. Anyways, I think it's extremely unfair that this is coming out one and a half years after the first one. Same goes for Allegiant. You know, I am fine with waiting a year, I mean that's already hard enough, but even more than a year? That's torture. I mean, I understand quality writing takes its time, but... it makes me want to cry. :(



#7: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #3)

Release: February 4th 2014


See, this doesn't even have a cover yet NOR a title. I am so in love with the cover and ESPECIALLY THE TITLE YOU CANNOT IMAGINE. A least it has a release date and it comes out a solid year after Unravel Me, and not more than a year after that one, so it's okay. Anyways, I didn't like Shatter Me, but the sequel just intrigued me so much, or rather one of the characters (Warner <3) did, and now I am way too invested into the story and especially the love triangle more than I would like. I haven't been this nervous about a love triangle for a loooong, long time. By the way, I really hope the title is going to be Ignite Me — that would be so awesome because of a certain tattoo heh heh.


#8: Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds #2)

Release: October 15th 2013

Ahhh yes, I am eager to see what happens in this sequel. The characters were amazing, although I have to admit I don't care as much about them as I do for other characters (like, say, those from The Raven Boys), so this is mainly the plot I am looking forward to. There was a lot of suspense and badassery in The Darkest Minds and I want more of the awesomeness. But the characters really aren't that bad, either, so I wouldn't mind getting to know more about them as well. :3



#9: Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)

Release: February 4th 2014

This comes out together with the Shatter Me finale. Didn't know that, either. I loved the premise of the first book, but wasn't that gripped by it yet, which changed with the sequel, though. Scarlet is one of my best reads of 2013 and I learned to love the characters during that novel. So, it's safe to say I am excited for the third book, especially since Rapunzel is going to be a hacker girl. That has to be awesome. Right? 



#10: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Release: May 27th 2014

Of course, of course. This book can't be missing on this list. Although, I have to admit, I am not that impatient for this one. I can wait. I'm not necessarily dying to read it. However, I am looking forward to finally seeing this series to the end, and I am very anxious about character deaths and I have my fingers crossed that all my babies are going to survive. 

Source: goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment