Friday, May 2, 2014

April Recap


TBR CHECK

• Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor ✓
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins ✓
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa ✓

ADDITIONAL

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness
• The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness
• Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) by Patrick Ness
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
• Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1) by Page Morgan
Eon (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman
Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman

That's clocking in at 11 books for this month. Actually more than I was hoping for, since I had only finished my first book by the 10th, which, in my opinion, was pretty late already. I managed very nicely however, making good time and catching up with my reading plans for the year. I'm also slowly crawling out my reading slump, I am already getting more and more eager to read again, mostly thanks to the the last three books on that list. I made my TBR, which I'm also very proud of, and ... yeah. I was hoping to be able to read both the Eon duology and the Chaos Walking trilogy during the Easter holidays, another thing I managed to do, thus, making me even more proud of myself. I'd say this was a pretty good reading month. :)

PLAYLIST

1) DISAPPEAR (REMEMBER WHEN) by ISSUES
“But I'm a selfish broken heart / My mind's wide open like starry skies / Remember when I didn't need you? / Well I need you now.”
2) LOVE WITHOUT TRAGEDY by RIHANNA
“You took the best years of my life / I took the best years of your life / Felt like love struck me in the night / I pray that love don't strike twice.”
3) BANG IT OUT by BREATHE CAROLINA feat. KARMIN
“I need a ride or die  / Type of girl who likes / Likes to come in high / Swing in the parking lot / She tells me what she want / I give her all I got.”
4) LONGSHOT by NEVERTHELESS
“It's a long shot, baby / But someday both of us will die / So, I was thinking maybe / I could be your semi-perfect guy.”
5.) TEARS ON THE RUNWAY (Pt. 2) by ISSUES (feat. NYLO)
“What if I was wrong, and jumped to conclusions / 'Cause the chance of losing you was all too dangerous? / Guilty yeah, maybe I'm just scared to go all in / Never was much for the life of gambling.”
6.) SKIN AND BONE by COURAGE MY LOVE
“All we are is skin and bone / Holding on and letting go / All we are is skin and bone / We're too old to die young.”
7.) DRIFTER by KARMIN
“If the world can be my oyster / Then it's high time to explore / And the wind set sail to nowhere / 'Cause I don't care where it blows.”
8.) THESE ARE THE LIES by THE CAB
“'Cause the truth is / I’m about to lose it / Don't think I can do this / If I'm not with you.”
9.) NUMBERS by THE CAB
“So many years that I have lived / But it feels like I've just begun / Out of the seven billion people / Baby, you're the only one.”

First ever Issues album, and it was awesome. I really liked every single track, I think these guys really got a chance of making it big. They're talented.
The new Breathe Carolina album this month was gold. Is. Whatever. I really liked it, especially since BC is actually one of my guilty pleasures. A few days prior to the release of their Savages album, I also finally checked out Karmin's Pulses, which was released last month, and I also liked that, although not quite as much as I did their other stuff, sadly. I'm still a fan of them though, their music is a lot of fun. And yeah ... Breathe Carolina and Karmin together? The song was on repeat for a few days, to say the least.
The Cab EP that came out at the very end of April, 29th. The best thing that happened this month, and I'm almost tempted to include at least one song in my May playlist, too. I probably will, if I keep on repeating the EP over and over into May, which I probably, surely, certainly will. So excited for the album after this.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

I re-watched Catching Fire, although it was more mandatory than voluntarily. We watched it in English class and so I had to watch it. Still enjoyed it well enough the second time around, though. I also discovered that last month had not, in fact, been the Reign season finale as I'd originally thought and it's still on-going. It finally seems to be raising the stakes, sort of, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that's gonna play out. I then finally, finally got around to watching The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which I really liked and which made me want to read Tolkien's books very, very soon. I was planning to read them during the summer holidays but I might start a little early already. Who knows. On the same day I watched that movie I also decided to watch Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters, which I've been putting off for way too long. I, uh, enjoyed it, to be honest. I know it hasn't gotten the best reviews and stuff, but I think it followed the book pretty close and it wasn't that bad. I liked it. (Basically, I just want them to film the sequel too because ADRIAN. They can stop after that, but I still want Frostbite.)
Anyways, a couple of my favorite shows returned for a new season this month, namely Game of Thrones and Orphan Black. So far, falling in love with both all over again.
Last but not least, I obviously also continued watching Once Upon a Time. So far, it's alright, although truth be told, I liked Peter Pan as a villain better than I like Zelena.

MAY TBR

Alright, so there's a lot of new releases coming up for May, and I have pre-ordered many of them already. However, with Amazon being extremely unreliable lately, I don't know which ones I am actually going to be able to read in time, sadly. We'll see how Amazon's going to cooperate otherwise I'll just have to improvise somehow. On that note, I'm not exactly sure how much time I'm actually going to have, but my goal is to read at least 5 - 6 books in May. I'd be pretty happy with that.

• The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan
• Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Now, I know that there are more releases in May, you're probably all thinking of City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, or maybe Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza, Rebel by Amy Tintera and surely a lot of other sequels as well, but honestly? I'm not sure I'm really in the mood for those. Lately, I've been trying not to get squashed by huge TBRs as you must have noticed, simply because if I feel like reading a book, I will pick it up and read it, I don't want to force myself to read a book I don't actually want to read (right now), simply because I have this urge to fulfill a goal I have set for myself, because I am a determined person like that. If I seriously set a goal for myself, I will reach that goal. And thus, I'm not sure it's wise to punish myself and make me read through a book when I'd rather be reading another one. So, for now, I'm kind of setting loose TBRs, TBRs I know I'll probably be able to fulfill, at least if Amazon's not being a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment