Sunday, April 27, 2014

On My Shelf TAG


Alright, so whatever you want to call this, a game or a tag, I'm doing it, 'cause it sounds really cool. It was created by Iain Broome, and basically, the gist of it is that you randomly choose two numbers and then you have to search for the book that goes with that number on your shelf, and say something about it. What was your life like while you read it, did anything particular happen, why did you buy it, etc, anything that could be interesting. So, for me, since my main bookshelf only has four boards, the first numbers only varied from one to four, but other than that, yeah. Now ... let's do this.

4 - 6

... Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Aw, man. This is actually a tough one, because I literally can't think of anything that I could say about this. I guess I could say that I wasn't that overwhelmed by it, to be honest. I wasn't even that super duper excited about it, even though in the weeks prior the the release of Clockwork Prince, I used to have restless nights because I was so eager to get my hands on it. Not for this one, though.

3 - 7

... Slated by Teri Terry. Well, this is a fairly recent one. I only read it in January, and this book really surprised me with a punch in the gut. It made me cry and while I admit it's not even that well written — you can definitely see that it's a debut novel — it just hit all the right notes with me. I loved it.

2 - 12

... The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead. Again, while I was probably more excited for it than I was for Clockwork Princess, I wasn't even that psyched about it. I read World After, which was released on the same day, first and liked that one better. I just knew how the ending would go, it was so obviously foreshadowed that I was not the least bit surprised. Which is also why I'm not looking forward to Silver Shadows that much.

1 - 19

... Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. Man, is this never going to end with the constant "meh"? Again ... I liked the first one in the series, but Dark Triumph was really underwhelming. I guess what I could admit here and now is that I skimmed a lot during the middle, because it was seriously boring and lame.

3 - 5

... Red Glove by Holly Black. My review for White Cat, the first one in this trilogy, was the first review I ever posted on this blog. It wasn't the first I had ever written, but while reading this series, I finally decided to actually go ahead and open a book blog for reviews. So ... good times.

4 - 9

... Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I remember reading this while sitting at my desk, a plate of brownies beside me because I was really craving brownies on that day, so I just made some and ate them while I read this book. I believe I even got a picture.

I sure do.

4 - 18

... Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer. Hah. Funny. I remembered marathoning this series and this final installment  had only been released like a week earlier or so and I was furious at how this trilogy ended. I was enraged, and I threw a temper tantrum worthy of a six-year-old, that can actually still be read on Goodreads. I won't link that one, though, it's quite embarassing. To be honest, though, I'm still mad at how it ended today.

1 - 15

... Splintered by A. G. Howard. I'd originally ordered this book from the Book Depository, but when it still wouldn't arrive after two weeks, I emailed them asking where this book was. They told me they had had some trouble getting it imported into Germany, or something, back then I thought they were just too lazy to ship it or something, and I excused this with a "they probably don't have it in stock anymore, and they're too sleazy to order a new batch." I don't know why. Anyways, I had already ordered the sequel, Unhinged, from Amazon by then which had already arrived and let me tell you, I was so excited to read this. I had heard so many good things about it and I was so in the mood for something like it, and I just wanted to read it before the year was over. So, yeah, it was at the end of December 2013, and I ordered it off of Amazon then, but since it was Christmas, it took a long while to arrive and I actually went ahead and, ahem, temporarily acquired it through other methods. It's not like I hurt anyone or anything, I mean I did buy and pay for it after all, I just wanted it to be a little quicker. So. Yeah. And I did end up really enjoying it, so I'm not even regretting it, especially since it got me through a visit to the grandparents unscathed.

3 - 21

... The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I remember reading this back in June 2013, so in the month when I opened this book blog and being absolutely blown away by it. I was on a real reading spree back then, reading book after book and I remember almost all of the books I read back then were good ones. June 2013 was an excellent reading month for me.

2 - 3

... Cress by Marissa Meyer. To be honest, when I started this book, I was extremely anxious I wouldn't really like it and it would take me forever to finish it, because I would have to literally push myself kicking and screaming through all 500 pages of it. I'm really glad that it ended up not being like that, and now with this installment, I can safely say that the Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series. After finishing Scarlet, which was one of my best reads 2013, I still wasn't sure, but with this one, I now am. And I can't wait for Winter to come out.

So. That were ten stories, more or less, that I had to tell about my books. What are some of your stories? Tell me some about a book that I listed here, or just tell me about how a book has influenced your life at one point. Or, you know, whatever you'd like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment