Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Recap


TBR CHECK

Panic by Lauren Oliver 
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski 
Shattered (Slated, #3) by Teri Terry 

I just barely managed to get my TBR done actually, haha. That's embarassing, but oh well. It was exam time after all, and I had to study! Plus, there was a lot going on in my personal life, so I'm happy I got around to reading as much as I did in the first place.

ADDITIONAL

Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris
• Ich bin eine Dame, Sie Arschloch! by Axel Krohn & Sören Sieg
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Grim by Various

The second one on the list is a comedy book in German that my grandma got me for Christmas, and I'll admit that some of the dialogue in there was pretty funny. All in all, an enjoyable read and I basically read it in one sitting, especially since it was only around 200 pages and really easy to read. Otherwise, aside from Unraveling, I pretty much enjoyed every single book I read this month which is really nice to be able to say that every once in a while. I hope I can ride on this good-book-vibes-train a little longer. :3
All in all, that's a pathetic amount of seven books read this month, but I'm not beating myself up over that. I'm still ahead of myself for my Reading Challenge, and I'll be more than able to make up for this "bad" month, which actually, it wasn't that bad. Seven books is pretty normal, isn't it?

PLAYLIST

1.) BEATING HEART by ELLIE GOULDING
“I fell for you like autumn leaves  / Never faded, evergreen / Wanna hear your beating heart tonight / Before the bleeding sun comes alive / I want to make the best of what is left, hold tight.”
2.) ROLLING IN THE DEEP by GO RADIO
“The scars of your love remind me of us / They keep me thinking that we almost had it all / The scars of your love, they leave me breathless / Can't help feeling like we could've had it all.”
3.) ENTERTAIN THE PAIN by MY FAVORITE HIGHWAY
“I spent a long time without you / I'm still doing everything I can just to not think about you / I'll wait just a little bit longer / But I'm doing just fine without you, babe.”
4.) ONLY PLACE I CALL HOME by EVERY AVENUE
“We were finally changing / It's our luck, we're a little too late / Near or far, where you are is where I want to be / You're the only place I've ever called my home.”
5.) NO ONE'S HERE TO SLEEP by BASTILLE feat. NAUGHTY BOY
“You were always faster than me / I'll never catch up with you.”
6.) DARK PURPLE SKY by THERE FOR TOMORROW
“It's a cold hard world just waiting for some changes / There's no one left except for you and I / I'm so sick and tired of the colors always fading / In this dark purple sky.”
7.) BULLET TRAIN by STEPHEN SWARTZ (feat. JONI FATORA)
“'Cause I can't stop time / You keep blurring in my mind.”
8.) BURIED BENEATH by RED
“Finally breaking, so where are you now? / It's been such a long time / But I've tried to live without.”
9.) WAITING GAME by BANKS
“What if I never even see you 'cause we're both on a stage? / Don't tell me to listen to your song because it isn't the same / I don't wanna say your love is a waiting game.”

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Obviously, Teen Wolf. My heart is ultimately torn to shreds now, hahaha good luck ever mending it, because I honestly don't think I'll ever be whole again. The last two episodes were a sob fest, and I'm still trying to cope, and failing. I'm not even exaggerating in any way, which is really sad and pathetic, because I'm so broken over the departures of characters from a TV show, but ... I just am. I am sorry, but I don't think I'll ever be okay, one of them was a role model for me and the other was my heart, not to mention them together were my OTP. I feel like I lost my best friends...

Well, otherwise, Germany's Next Topmodel is still running as well, and I'm still watching it every Thursday. Buut, Once Upon A Time is back too! Yup, and I'm liking it so far. I also started watching Shameless at the beginning of the month, although I haven't gotten that far yet, because I also caught up on Reign just in time for the season finale, and I'm still enjoying it. Yeah, it's pretty horrible most of the time, but it's just got something. Of course, I also continued watching My Mad Fat Diary, which is pretty entertaining as well. TV show-wise, this was a really good month for me actually, even despite the fact that I didn't watch any movies. :D

APRIL

• Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
• Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
• The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa

That's all I'm narrowing down for this month. Yup. All of it. Of course, I'm planning on reading a lot more than that, especially since I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done again since I have Easter holidays this month, but I'm not restricting myself to anything specific. I want to be able to stand in front of my shelf and pick out which book I'm in the mood for, no matter my TBR. So, these three books are the only ones I know I'm definitely going to read, and that's that.

Take care <3

No comments:

Post a Comment