Saturday, October 5, 2024

September Recap

 


WHAT I READ

Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1) by Rosaria Munda
Song of the Six Realms by Judy I. Lin
Year of the Reaper by Makiia Lucier
Faebound (Faebound, #1) by Saara El-Arifi
This Ravenous Fate (This Ravenous Fate, #1) by Hayley Dennings
When Among Crows by Veronica Roth
• The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (re-read)
• Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson (re-read)

9 books. Or, well maybe more like 8.5 considering the one from Roth is a novella; then again, I feel like the 2 Stormlight Archive books' page counts even the scales out again... I started panicking over my Stormlight Archive re-read because I was under the assumption that I might not finish in time for Wind and Truth's release but man, maybe I overdid it a little while rushing... Or maybe these books are just that damn good so I devoured them (again). I am truly hoping I can slow down a little more during the next 2 re-reads so that I don't finish ages before WaT actually releases...


PLAYLIST

1.) LOSING FAITH by NEVERTEL
“Picture perfect how you paint me out to be the villain / Cropping out the fact that I was doing all the heavy lifting.”
2.) LIGHT BLUE by STATE CHAMPS
“Order a few rounds / Still manage to shake these memories / But I know when we’re face to face / Something always would fill the space.”
3.) //IN REFLECTION by OUR HOLLOW, OUR HOME
“We still speak of the sorrow / And I still feel the rage / But I've harnessed the guilt / And let it go with the waves.”
4.) THE CURE by ENMY
“There's no such thing as progress / When you’re living on the edge / And I’m so sick and tired / Of waiting for the end / I need a better cure / Something to fix my head.”
5.) NO TOMORROW (THE DEATH CARD) by FAME ON FIRE
“I've fallen apart now too many times / And all that it left was bitter / I feel resentment holding me back / All ties are severed.”
6.) ELUSIVE DREAMS by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Waves on the shoreline / Wishing for more time / Tell me a lie / When I’m caught in the crosshairs / Every night I grind my teeth / Heaven knows the end is so bittersweet.”
7.) WISH YOU THE BEST by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Yea I’m still so obsessed / Over this four letter word / And I know I’ll never forgive you / But don’t wanna forget / I only wish you the best / Even though you’re the worst.”
8.) LARKIN by OLD FLAME
“It's like walking alone in the dark / While taking a shot to the heart / I've been following tracks in the snow / It's a place to burn in my soul / I'm out here stuck in the cold / When will I find my way home?”
9.) SOFT SPINE by SPIRITBOX
“A constant voyeur in my mind  / Insidious by nature / Rewarding sick behaviour / The dissolution of your / Soft spine / You all deserve each other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment