Sunday, September 1, 2024

August Recap

 


WHAT I READ

Mary by Nat Cassidy
• Fire & Blood (A Targaryen History, #1) by George R.R. Martin
Book Lovers by Emily Henry
• A Venom Dark and Sweet (The Book of Tea, #2) by Judy I. Lin

4 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) OVER ME by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“You might’ve messed me up / But I made it out alive / I got nowhere to go and I’m comatose / I never called your bluff.”
2.) WEIGHTLESS (ATL'S VERSION) by ALL TIME LOW
“If I could just find the time / Then I would never let another day go by / I'm over getting old.”
3.) HELLBENT by WAGE WAR
“Is it all by design? / A figure of fate / Will you give me a sign? / Before it’s too late / I need a godsend / ’Cause I’ve been hellbent.”
4.) DELOREAN by GALLEONS
“I don’t want to be another memory / I want to be a haunting reminder / Of what we could have been / Of what we should have been.”
5.) EXIT PLAN by MOTHICA
“I’ve been so obsessed / With romanticizing death / I know how the story ends / But how do you live when / You don’t wanna die anymore?”
6.) DMNS by ALLEVIATE
“Everyone says "Just keep hoping" / But I’m breaking any moment / I need someone to guide me through my way / Is there something? Will I finally feel okay?”
7.) MY DEMISE by ALLEVIATE
“Now I need to be someone else / Don't wanna be known for / Something that I never wanted to be / And after my demise / I wanna be someone.”
8.) DOWN TO YOU by MARIANAS TRENCH
“All this time I’ve been wasting / As days go by, just can’t replace you / And everything all comes down to you.”
9.) FRENEMIES by STAND ATLANTIC
“And I don’t feel anything, nowhere to go / I threw my sorry spirit out the door / I don’t wanna do this anymore / It always takes a lil piece of me.”
10.) TOO LATE TO SAY by STATE CHAMPS
“Is it too late to say that I’m lost on my own / It’s like all of it's for naught on a sinking stone / So I’ll tighten my grip on the last part of me / Is it too late to say I was always afraid.”
11.) FEEL THE PAIN by DESCAPE (feat. WIND WALKERS)
“I really need to find the strength of letting go / Forging the wisdom from the depths far below / I kept myself so deep in the shadow / Come see, the light just start to show.”
12.) DIE FOR ME by CHASE ATLANTIC
“I feel the pressure, it's surrounding me / I'm just tryna live my life and die in peace.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I personally enjoyed the season finale of House of the Dragon and also the entire season as a whole. Sure, it was a little unpolished and the pacing was iffy, but none of it was due to bad writing per se, if anything, I blame the execs at HBO for cutting the season and doing it as far into (pre-)production as they did. That coupled with the writer's strike and other crises is much more to blame, and so I for one am definitely still very much looking forward to season 3.
I was also in my Ewan Mitchell obsession era this month as a result, so I binged the entirety of The Last Kingdom just for him basically. Although to be fair, up until season 3 I was also highly entertained by Harry McEntire's performance - so far I'd only known him for voice work from Xenoblade 3, so seeing him in live action was incredibly refreshing. And he's SUCH a good actor! Kinda sad he's not more well known now, because he absolutely should be. Oh well, hopefully he's still got a long and flourishing career ahead of him.
Similarly, I did get around to watching season 1 of World on Fire for Ewan... And I gotta say, as far as WW2 media goes, I even somewhat enjoyed this show even aside from just the scenes his character was in, although I'm not usually a big fan of the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment