Tuesday, July 2, 2024

June Recap

 

WHAT I READ

• Defiant (Skyward, #4) by Brandon Sanderson
• The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James
• People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
• All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard (re-read)
Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard (re-read)
Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #2.5) by Susan Dennard (re-read)
Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard (re-read)
Witchshadow (The Witchlands, #4) by Susan Dennard (re-read)
Masquerade of the Heart (Garden of the Cursed, #2) by Katy Rose Pool
Swordheart by T. Kingfisher

11 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) WALK THIS WORLD WITH ME by THE HOME TEAM
“I’d go alone / But I fold so easily / And I know it’s cold / But I need you here to see / This open road / So I can feel complete.”
2.) CRIMINAL by STAND ATLANTIC (feat. POLARIS)
“You gotta beg for mercy / I self-destruct, enough is enough / Make sure to take your cut / When you’re draining my blood.”
3.) FAKE FRIENDS by CITIZEN SOLDIER (feat. NEW MEDICINE)
“Every time I'm left alone, these thoughts start piling up / Am I a burden? Do I suck? Am I just too much? / Maybe it's sad I'm just too hard to love.”
4.) BLUR by WAGE WAR
“How I got here I don’t remember now / I put the pieces back together again / Is every mirror broken in this house? / ’Cause I can’t see myself when I’m looking in.”
5.) NEVERBLOOM by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Look at me choke on / Words I never got to say / All the moments that I wish I could show you / Oh I hope I made you proud even though you’ll / Never see my flowers bloom.”
6.) HEART-SHAPED SOUL by LOVELESS
“I know I’m the problem, put it all on me / But honestly / I hate that I ever let you close / What a twisted fate.”
7.) DEADWEIGHT by SUNSLEEP
“Always left up to me, make it happen, rinse repeat / And split the difference when no one earned it.”
8.) OBSESSED by JUTES
“Come take a bite / I’ll be your sacrifice / Swear I would die for you.”
9.) NOT THE TYPE by TELLTALE
“You’re in your roaring twenties but this ain’t what they’re for / You’re just a half-draft Hemingway, throw the manuscript away / And pick yourself off the floor.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

Unlike everyone else who hated Bridgerton season 3, I did more or less enjoy it. There were definitely some weaker aspects, but my biggest gripe is just the stupid 1 month wait between parts 1 and 2 tbh. Also I do wish we had a bit more focus on Polin. All in all though, this season wasn't too bad. Really hope s4 just gets dropped all at once though...
House of the Dragon season 2 is absolutely convincing currently. Really hoping they'll keep this up, also kind of an unpopular opinion from what I've gathered but I'm loving the book changes they've done so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment