Sunday, September 3, 2023

August Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Something Close to Magic by Emma Mills
Comfort Me with Apples by Catherynne M. Valente
The Bone Orchard by Sara A. Mueller
Garden of the Cursed (Garden of the Cursed, #1) by Katy Rose Pool
Borrow My Heart by Kasie West


PLAYLIST

1.) BETTER ALONE by LED BY LANTERNS
“'Cause every time I try to be / The one that you want / It's never enough / Maybe you were better alone.”
2.) BLOOD IN THE WATER by NORMANDIE
“I’m a little fucked up, tell me you feel the same / I’m high on my own demise, can you feed the flame? / Love me ’til my heart stops.”
3.) DRAG ME DOWN by LOVELESS
“The fear of dying alone / Doesn’t hurt half as much / As the feeling of letting you go / After one last touch.”
4.) SALT by THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA (feat. DAYSEEKER)
“And sometimes I get so caught up that I forget / That all of our words only mean what’s behind them / You can’t throw gasoline on a fire / And say you tried to put it out.”
5.) BELOW THE BELT by POINT NORTH
“Maybe I’m just always overreacting / But lately I’ve been feeling so out of practice with everyone / Can’t put up with anyone.”
6.) SOCIAL SUICIDE by POINT NORTH
“I don’t know why I’m only safe inside my mind / No I’m not fine 'cause nothing’s wrong but nothing’s right / I’m committing social suicide.”
7.) SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW by POINT NORTH
“But it’s one ear out the other / It’s getting numbing / I should have see it coming / That’s just what I get.”
8.) ONE OF US by THE WORD ALIVE (feat. BAD OMENS)
“I've got a cold heart, this is the sad part / I don't think I can change / Can one of us be saved? / It feels like I'm better / Better in a grave.”
9.) HATE ME by THE WORD ALIVE (feat. LOVELESS)
“I know you think you've reached the end but this is where you can begin / You take a step and I take a leap / You weren't meant to live this broken dream.”
10.) STATIC RAIN by THE WORD ALIVE
“You never saw the side of me that shows the cracks but they still run deep / But now you know, will you stay or will you go?” 
11.) SURRENDER by DREAM ON DREAMER
“Surrender is hard / When it’s everything you’re not / When the damage is done / And you’ve been here for too long.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Nancy Drew's last few episodes were all over the place, ngl ... Them saying it was because they didn't know about the cancellation until like ep 10 does of course excuses this somewhat, but it can't be helped, the ending was unfortunately super unsatisfactory. Oh well, it is what it is...
Another disappointment is Somewhere Between, which I haven't finished and I'm not sure I will. At the halfway point, this has turned more into a comedy than any kind of mystery thriller.
As for the last disappointments this month, there's Don't Breathe 2. I can't believe this movie made me root for the bad guy from the first one, like .... come on, give me better options dawg.
To make up for all of these, there is one winner at least, which is Missing. I went into this with pretty much no expectations and it blew me away. I never would have guessed this film to be as well written and especially as well shot as it ended up being, but it was really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment