Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July Recap

 

WHAT I READ

The Iron Vow (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #3) by Julie Kagawa
Yellowface by R.F. Kuang
The Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1) by Lisa Maxwell
The Shadow of the Gods (Bloodsworn Saga, #1) by John Gwynne
The Foxglove King (The Nightshade Crown, #1) by Hannah F. Whitten

PLAYLIST

1.) SOMEWHERE NEW by TRUE NORTH
“Broke down, couldn’t shed a tear, love / Drew blood, not enough to save us / Never knew ‘til our time was through / Losing you found somewhere new.”
2.) ALL TALK by MAIKA
“When everyone around you started / Dropping from the pressure / Don't say, baby, don't say I'm all talk / When you’re the one who can’t follow through.”
3.) PSYCHO by POINT NORTH
“Heavy lies the crown that I’m wearing / And you don’t need me now that I’m a burden / So put me in the ground cause it ain’t worth it.”
4.) MEDICATION by SUNSLEEP
“A modern disease of divine intervention / A constant release / Please fill the prescription / Turn off your brain / While they're bathing in gold and we're going insane.”
5.) CALL ME YOURS by A FOREIGN AFFAIR
“Is it all in my head or is it make believe? / Are my glasses rose red? / Are you not in front of me? / And if it’s true / Then I’m playing just to lose.”
6.) ASSHOLE by LOWBORN
“I don't wanna be / Another one of your problems / If you're gonna leave / Then show me your better options.”
7.) PAPER CROWN by DARK DIVINE (feat. FAME ON FIRE)
“All is lost but not forgiven / Always bent but not yet broken / I'm so sick of the lies / Uncovering the lines / I'm getting sick of crossing.”
8.) MISERY by THE BEAUTIFUL MONUMENT
“Right back at the start / Looking at our time like I don’t know where it ends / Why you gotta let me down again / All this time maybe my heart knew that we were gonna fall apart.”
9.) BODYBAG by WIND WALKERS
“Hang up when I call / Leave me up all alone/ Disconnect from my soul / Even if it makes you sad / I don’t got what you need.”
10.) PRISONER by ANKOR
“Can I start again after everything I destroyed? / I feel it creeping in, taking control of me / I feel its power, it’s here to consume me.”
11.) ATONEMENT by CONQUER DIVIDE 
“We're picking up the pieces / Your best wasn't good enough / And if you wanted atonement / You'll get nothing from us.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I am still just absolutely loving the new Nancy Drew season. Every episode is just so much FUN. And while they're not re-inventing anything, what they're doing is just so masterfully done. I am so sad to see it go, I really wish we could have gotten another season or two (or three...). 
Besides that, I only got around to watching Jury Duty. I still absolutely cannot believe that the guy they chose for this was not only that oblivious, but also genuinely such a good guy, dear lord. They really must have done some serious vetting here, but it was definitely a fun time watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment