Saturday, July 1, 2023

June Recap

 

WHAT I READ

The Serpent and the Wings of Night (Crowns of Nyaxia, #1) by Carissa Broadbent


PLAYLIST

1.) EVERGREEN by PVRIS
“‘Cause no one gives a damn shit / Unless you're dead  / Or you're seventeen / A little born prodigy / Everyone could care less / ‘Til you’re dead or you're seventeen / I wanna be evergreen.”
2.) GUIDING LIGHT by CASKETS
“If I sold myself a lie / Would you be my guiding light? / You say that I should find my own way back to life / Maybe you’re right.”
3.) WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE by FALL OUT BOY
“We didn’t start the fire / It was always burning since the world’s been turning / We didn’t start the fire / No we didn’t light it but we’re trying to fight it.”
4.) NECESSARY by PICTURESQUE
“All that you wanted was all you could take / You left me alone with the pain / I thought those flowers would get you to stay / But roses just die anyway.”
5.) SENSITIVE by HONEY REVENGE
“I’ve been reminiscing / Got used to you being around / Feels likes something’s missing / I keep looking for your face in the crowd.”
6.) SLOW BURN by THE WORD ALIVE
“I tried to get through to you / Didn’t listen ‘cause that’s not what you do / What will it take to forgive the lies? / There’s no hope inside your eyes / And now I sit and question why?”
7.) OUT OF MY MIND by ALONG CAME A SPIDER
“I cannot replace / This endless hate, my saving grace / ‘Cause I was lost, you left me hopeless / If my heart is gone, it can’t be broken.”
8.) I HOPE I'M NOT SICK by LOVELESS
“I’ll take anything I can get / ‘Cause it’s not safe / In the back of my head / Rollercoaster type reaction / Get me off, I feel like crashing.”
9.) TIMEBOMB by CHARLEY
“Why does time race with you like jet planes / What do I to make it stop / And isn’t it bittersweet that 7 days / Is just the right amount of time it takes to fall in love?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The new season of Nancy Drew so far is very solid. While the mystery/fantasy aspects are per usual on the rocky side, the dynamics between all of the characters are just so well written and well acted, sometimes I can't believe it's a CW show. And every character gets plot lines where they get to shine, no one is sidelined. I love these writers.
Another show that really stuck with me was Queen Charlotte. While it definitely failed to build the romance in my opinion, I was still engaged enough in all of the interpersonal drama and relationships, so I still ended up liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment