Saturday, April 1, 2023

March Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
At Midnight by various authors
Twin Crowns (Twin Crowns, #1) by Katherine Webber and Catherine Doyle

3 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) NEW RELIGION by ALL TIME LOW (feat. TEDDY SWIMS)
“This ain't gospel, no / But what can I do? / I would be lying if I said I'm not dying to worship you.”
2.) THE SOUND OF LETTING GO by ALL TIME LOW
“Now here's the sound of getting over / All the shit that's taking hold of you / Just brush it off your shoulders.”
3.) THE OTHER SIDE by ALL TIME LOW 
“And I swear I died a thousand times / So what's it like to reach the other side / Of letting go and moving on? / Don't know why it's taking me so long.”
4.) HOLD ME LIKE A GRUDGE by FALL OUT BOY
“And I guess I’m getting bolder cause I’m less pissed / We didn’t make to your year end best list / Not the end of the world.”
5.) THROUGH HELL by CITIZEN SOLDIER (feat. ROYAL BLISS)
“There's meaning in the misery / Someday you'll look back at what it made you / And you'll never be the same.
6.) OVER NOW by AMERICAN SIN
“I'ma put that bitch straight up in a motherfucking body bag / So you know that I'm never ever coming back / You kept your heart on the counter in a Prada bag.”
7.) AIRHEAD by HONEY REVENGE
“Damn I’m such an airhead / No strength in my spine / With the best intentions / I can’t make it right.”
8.) HUSH, HUSH by THE BAND CAMINO
“I caught your eye across the room / No one can feel the tension between me and you / We both know we'd be over if they knew.”
9.) HAUNTED by THE BAND CAMINO
“I still see your silhouette / I wish we’d never met / I’m living with the ghost of you / It felt like the beginning / At least it did to me.”
10.) DA CAPO by HOYO-MIX
“When good old friends are going away / Will you wish them to remember your name? / If it’s too hard to say goodbye / Give us a try to sing a rhyme / May you, the beauty of this world, always shine.”
11.) SIMPLE by AMARIONETTE
“Apologies don’t always fix a home when it’s broken / Just need a little bit of space and time / Before we take another step, let’s realign.”
12.) CERTIFIED DEPRESSANT by TAYLOR ACORN
“Compare my hopes and dreams to someone else's behind the screen / But what's the point, what's it mean, when I'll never be good enough for me.”
13.) MODERN TRAGEDY by GHOST TOWN
“Should I just embrace it? / Prescriptions won't fix this / Don't trust me with fragile / 'Cause I'll fucking break it.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I both absolutely loved and hated Shadow and Bone season two. But I think, after letting it soak in for a while now, at the end of the day I'm more or less satisfied and I definitely want a season 3 (and Crows spin-off). I'm REALLY intrigued where they might head now with the changes they've implemented.
Hunters, on the other hand, was just a complete letdown with season two. I genuinely don't get how this could have happened with so many powerhouses on the team as well as such a strong season one. But I guess when you introduce Hitler and raise the stakes like that, there's really no way other than downhill. They fumbled the bag HARD.
As did the writers of You for this season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this show should have ended with a strong ending while it was still ahead last season. This is just getting ridiculous at this point, and while it was at least entertaining in the first half, the second half was way too messy to feel anything but frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment