Saturday, March 4, 2023

February Recap

 


WHAT I READ

Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours, #3) by Cassandra Clare
The Drowned Woods by Emily Lloyd-Jones
The Kinder Poison (The Kinder Poison, #1) by Natalie Mae (re-read)
The Cruelest Mercy (The Kinder Poison, #2) by Natalie Mae (re-read)
The Sweetest Betrayal (The Kinder Poison, #3) by Natalie Mae


6 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) SAFE AND SOUND by POINT NORTH (ft. THE GHOST INSIDE)
“I know you think I'm always in control / But it's hard for me to let things go / You say that you care but don't / I need an antidote.”
2.) THE CREDITS by ARROWS IN ACTION (ft. LOVELESS & MAGNOLIA PARK)
“Another night reciting words you said / I thought by now that I could let you go / I wish the oldest flames would just go cold.”
3.) DIE 4 ME by HALSEY
“I know I shouldn’t bother / This is a lesson to take / Hold someone tight and they break / Then you say it’s a mistake / But you meant it anyway.”
4.) RUNNING FROM THE DAYLIGHT by CONCRETE CASTLES
“All of the poison I'm drinking, it's numbing my thinking / I love what I'm feeling, feel nothing at all.”
5.) BY THE SOUND by CASKETS
“'Cause I gave it time and I gave you mine / Thinking we could struggle on / But you left our bed / Left for them instead.”
6.) MODERN LOVE by ALL TIME LOW
“Out of red and into the blue / See it for what it is / Chasing the high or living a lie / Just like your parents did.”
7.) P7AY3RS by SHREZZERS
“Never meant your breathing to become / My one more night / Never mind hearts beating / Just one more time.”
8.) NOT TOO LATE by IT COMES IN WAVES
“These memories fade, reflections change / Is it too late to change our ways?”
9.) GIVE ME A REASON by VERSUS ME
“You keep bringing me in / I’m hanging on, but there’s nothing left to give / You call the shots 'cause you know I play to win.”
10.) AGAIN by EMAROSA
“All the years I’m gonna lose / To find another you / But I won’t hold my breath.”
11.) MASTOPHOBIA by SHREZZERS
“You can find me / Somewhere in a ghost town / Underneath the tree.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finally finished watching The Sandman and, while I did enjoy it for the most part, I gotta say that this narration style of randomly following different arcs throughout various episodes was kind of jarring. I get that it's because it's adapted from a comic series and that's the reason why, but it's kind of jarring when you're just jumping from arc to arc with no warning whatsoever. But all in all I think I'd watch a season 2.
I am most definitely watching season 2 if there is one for Lockwood & Co. though. I don't know, something about this just really gripped me and I binged season 1 within 2 days. It's teeny and kind of cheesy as a result, but it just works and I think part of it is because it actually feels authentic. Maybe it's because the actors are actually not that old when compared to those of other teenie boppers such as Riverdale or, ahem, Teen Wolf, maybe it's just the acting itself, but it just worked.
Speaking of ... I finally endured Teen Wolf: The Movie as well. And it was as horrible as you'd expect, a literal dumpster fire of a movie. Why this is even a thing is beyond me, I truly don't understand how the hell you can do "a movie for the fans" and then literally do nothing fans actually wanted. Anyway, after losing a good chunk of my teenage years to this garbage truck I now genuinely want Jeff Davis to lower my casket into the ground so he can let me down one final time at the end of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment