Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Mysteries of Thorn Manor (Sorcery of Thorns, #1.5) by Margaret Rogerson
Nine Liars (Truly Devious, #5) by Maureen Johnson
The Final Strife (Ending Fire, #1) by Saara El-Arifi


3 books. Or, I guess, more like 2.5 as the first one was more or less a fluff novella, but still.


PLAYLIST

1.) LOVE FROM THE OTHER SIDE by FALL OUT BOY
“The kind of pain you feel to get good in the end / Inscribed like stone and faded by the rain: / 'Give up what you love / Give up what you love before it does you in.'”
2.) HEARTBREAK FEELS SO GOOD by FALL OUT BOY 
“We said we’d never grow up / It’s open season on blue moods / Light from a screen of messages / Unsent.”
3.) TELL ME I'M ALIVE by ALL TIME LOW
“Let's fall off the face of the earth / 'Cause we're all bound to die but hey babe we tried / So tell me I'm alive / Tell me that it's all alright / Tell me I'm alive and bring me back to life.”
4.) CHOKEHOLD by SLEEP TOKEN
“I'll turn my walls to gold to bring you home again / So show me that which I can not see / Even if it hurts me / Even if I can't sleep.”
5.) AQUA REGIA by SLEEP TOKEN
“These days I'm a picture frame / Screaming at the sunshine, singing in the rain / Sugar on the blood cells, carbon on the brain / All of Eden's vices running through my veins.”
6.) DIAL TONE by CATCH YOUR BREATH
“When I close my eyes / I can see a ghost from the past / And it cuts just like a knife / Hate to feel like this / But it happens all the time.”
7.) OVER NOW by AMERICAN SIN
“Feels like a knife in my throat, you treat this like it's a joke / I wasn't tryna let go, but you'll know why when I'm ghost / I hope you wind up alone, dead in my eyes.”
8.) CLOCKS by KASA
“The other side of love is regret / 'Cause there's still time / To make up for what we've said / It's not black and white, it's always shaded.”
9.) GODDESS by PVRIS
“You got wings on command / You can fly like no one can / So come back from the dead / Is she a wo- or a man? / I’m a motherfucking brand.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I guess I started watching The Sandman, and am about halfway through and not yet quite sure what to think. It's incredbily atmospheric, yes, but the plot seems to go nowhere fast, but maybe - hopefully - that's going to change very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment