Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Belladonna (Belladonna, #1) by Adalyn Grace
Nona the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #3) by Tamsyn Muir
Greywaren (Dreamer Trilogy, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Legendborn (Legendborn, #1) by Tracy Deonn (re-read)
Beyond the Ruby Veil (Beyond the Ruby Veil, #1) by Mara Fitzgerald
The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1) by Julie Kagawa

7 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) SHADOW by VUKOVI
“My lungs are black and blue / Scared I'm gonna lose / I've paid for your abuse / I'm hanging, so cut me loose.”
2.) SAD by VUKOVI
“You sow a bed of bitter blood / Watch it grow to bloom unloved / I tried to help you find some peace / All I got was misery.”
3.) SLEEPWALKING by ALL TIME LOW
“It’s easy to see / But it’s harder to say / You’re onto something else / I’m a picture left on your shelf.”
4.) DIFFERENT by MAIKA
“If I go too fast I hope you know it's been / A while since I drove this thing / I'll get used to your love here in a minute / Always started things up but never finished.”
5.) PARALYZE by HAUNTER
“And just so you know / I’ll never let you go / I’m already in your veins / You’ve got a taste of a poisonous kiss  / The one that kills, that you can’t resist.”
6.) DREAMSTATE by DAYSEEKER
“So how do I live in a dreamstate? / When nothing is real when I'm awake / The sun rises but I know I'm afraid.”
7.) NO WAY OUT by DIVIDE MUSIC feat. CHEWIECATT
“I can't erase the past, my demons will protect it / See my head and heart have never felt connected / Is there no way out?”
8.) BAD NATURE by NERV
Someone say what it is I need ‘cause / I’m jaded and I hate it / I believe / This mess of me is the me you want to see.”
9.) NIGHTSHIFT by MOTHICA
“When the moonlight hits me / I turn into somebody else / I don’t even recognize myself / When I go nightshift like this / Don’t cross me 'cause I don’t miss.”
10.) TO BE IN LOVE by CRIMSON APPLE
“Love is patient, but don't wait for me / Love is kind, you're no good to me / Love's not envy, it's all jealousy / Love is blind but it's all I will see.”
11.) NOISES by CRIMSON APPLE
“I swear there is an intruder / The paranoia is real here / Reality is avoiding me when I shouldn't be alone / Anxiety's a bitch, we should kill it / But here's some more noise to get you through it.”
12.) MASTERPIECE by CRIMSON APPLE
“This isn't just a song, this is a cry for help / All the shitty things I had to say / So you'll call my name / At the end of it all / I hope it's at least / A masterpiece.”
13.) WARNING by CRIMSON APPLE
“You want to spend somе time inside my mind but / All you’ll find is shouting, doubts and haunted housеs / Breathe me in, my ghost is here to play / Breathe me out but they won’t go away.”
14.) CRYING WHILE YOU'RE DANCING by DAYSEEKER
“I needed you to pull me through / But you don't care, you bring it right back to you / Look at yourself in the mirror / Distorted, but I see it clearer.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

All of the shows I watched had their season finales this month which is sad on the one hand, but on the other hand, they all really delivered. 
House of the Dragon was probably the "weakest" of them, but that's honestly not saying much. It sets up the next season and the whole war really well and I liked that they made The Thing a mistake, actually. But now it's back to waiting for a few years apparently, urgh.
Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power, while having a weaker overall season, had the better finale. That final conversation between Galadriel und Sauron was everything, and the reveal, even though predictable, was still awesome. I loved it.
And of course I'm still loving all the changes Vampire Academy makes in comparison to the books. I really hope  that there's going to be a season two and if there is, PLEASE make Adrian part of the main cast. I didn't think he'd already make an appearance in season 1 and I was really hesitant if they would do him justice, but they absolutely NAILED his character. And then they only put him in a couple episodes and took him away for the final few eps which was so cruel of them. So it's really saying something that they still managed to hook me in with those episodes and managed to stick the landing with an explosive finale. Just, you know. Adrian as a main character next season, thank you bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment