Monday, October 3, 2022

September Recap

 


WHAT I READ

Babel by R.F. Kuang
The Dragon's Promise (Six Crimson Cranes, #2) by Elizabeth Lim
Defend the Dawn (Defy the Night, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer

3 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) IS IT ME by LOVELESS
Is it the pounding in my chest? / Is it the rage inside my head? / I can't forgive and I can't forget / I never knew what was left unsaid.
2.) WORST CASE SCENARIO by LOVELESS
“Is it better if I lie down? / Let the waves crash over me now / Had a taste and now I might drown / I know I think too much, but trying not to fucking sucks.”
3.) JUST LIKE I DO by LOVELESS
Do you feel alone just like I do? / Do you hate the sound of your heartbeat too? / This is all I own 'til I face the truth / Yeah, I feel alone in a crowded room.
4.) SORRY I'M A DOWNER by LOVELESS
Life's a big ol' fucking pattern / And I'm sick of getting sadder / When the past cuts just like a knife / Searching for a feeling / When these feelings can kill you.
5.) TEARS! by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
Diamonds turn to puddles, no one's feeling what I'm feeling / Violence in the darkness, are you seeing what I'm seeing? / I was going fifty rounds of uppercuts, I'm bleeding.
6.) CARAMEL by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“So we make it last, 'nother glass until we come 'round / It's been a while since you and I been where we started / I don't wanna let it fade away.”
7.) BLEACH by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“I feel you underneath my tongue / Next to every word that I should have said / No matter how far that I've run / Memories always seem to catch up again.”
8.) RED LINE by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Every hour ticking by, I think about you / I reminisce your memory and what did I choose? / A sentimental comedy, the joke is on you / It's on me, too.”
9.) PROVE by ONE OK ROCK
“One step at a time / No matter how long it takes / I will make the climb / Learn from the mistakes I’ve made / And I'll prove it to you.”
10.) VANDALIZE by ONE OK ROCK
“But roses are coming through the cracks / Time that you killed / You promised to / Help me rebuild / You caught me off guard.”
11.) LET ME LET YOU GO by ONE  OK ROCK
“It's breaking me, I'm not just losing you / I'm losing what you saw in me / Why'd you let me let you go?”
12.) RENEGADES by ONE OK ROCK
“They've been holding us down / They've been telling us to change our voices / But we're not part of that crowd / We made our bed and we'll make our own choices.”
13.) METAMORPHOSIS by CEMETERY SUN
“Breaking down the walls inside this house / Blacking out the white noise, can’t slow down / I’ve been turning myself inside out / These days there’s no comfort in the lies that I’ve been fed.”

CINEMATOGRAPHY

So I finally finished Sanditon's season 2. Not gonna lie, it was kind of boring and the plots seemed all a bit haphazardly thrown around unfortunately. Charlotte's new love interest didn't impress me either, so much so that I'm left wondering if maybe they wouldn't have just been better off recasting Sidney and sticking to the original plot instead.
One show I really did not expect to like this much, however, is definitely House of the Dragon. I was a huge sceptic going in and kind of felt like going back to a bad ex, but surprisingly, not only does the show manage to stand on its own apart from GoT but it's also super fun and engaging.
Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is not quite as engaging and convincing, but more so because it just takes so long to really get the ball rolling. It's still a nice Friday evening every week though.
Season 2 of Fate: The Winx Saga was also unexpectedly ... okay. I'm not saying it's quality TV or anything, but if you're looking for a teenie bopper, you really can do worse. It's better than Riverdale I'd say, and also far better than season 1 was tbh. I am curious where they'd go from here, so I'm actually kind of really hoping for a s3 renewal.
And lastly, I started watching the new Vampire Academy adaptation. I love the casting, ngl (although really really wish they'd switch up Christian's wardrobe PLEASE) and it's definitely a lot better that they aged the characters up. I'm liking a lot of the changes as well, but I'm still a little bit apprehensive of where they're taking the plot. Also I don't want to get too attached because I am very unsure about a renewal, but we'll see. So far, with the way things are going, I'd definitely be back for a season 2 and am of course going to finish watching this first season, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment