Thursday, September 1, 2022

August Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Violet Made of Thorns (Violet Made of Thorns, #1) by Gina Chen
All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
The Stars Between Us by Cristin Terrill

... I was very busy this month with the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and then the Sumeru region in Genshin Impact in between bouts of uni, sooo...


PLAYLIST

1.) RECOVER by POINT NORTH
“You ain't gonna stop the war from coming / And the chances that you'll win are next to nothing / Stand in solidarity / As their bodies turn to policy.”
2.) DEEP END by I PREVAIL
“Yeah everybody tells me it’s alright / Everybody tells me I’ll be fine / Everything is not o’fucking kay / Oh, but they can’t tell me why.” 
3.) CLOSURE by I PREVAIL
“Another year older, another step closer / To asking myself did I ever really know her / Took three to four years to finally get sober / But I pour one drink at the end of October.”
4.) THERE'S FEAR IN LETTING GO by I PREVAIL
“So write your name into cement / Count the blessings that you’re sent / Feel that beating in your chest / Nothing’s permanent.”
5.) THE NEGATIVE by I PREVAIL
“So wear black everywhere you go / No take backs at the end of the road / No last chance when the casket's closed / Your silence is worth more than gold.”
6.) WITHOUT ME by DAYSEEKER
“So don't you hold me if you don't wanna know me / Don't you play dumb when I see what you run from / So don't you leave me empty when it's only in my eyes.”
7.) LET YOU DOWN by SLEEPING WITH SIRENS (feat. CHARLOTTE SANDS)
“You don’t see what I see when you look at yourself / Wish you were someone else / I can see the pain behind those eyes / Don’t get caught up in the lies.”
8.) WE, ALWAYS by VRSTY
“Hurtful words you say / Bring back the memories / You start the car and leave but come and go as you please.”
9.) TRUE by 黄龄
“Save your tears for the day so far away / To irrigate the wilderness that's still asleep / In the world waiting to be lit.”
10.) RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT ME by MAYFIELD
“Somehow Iʼm still haunted by what could have been / I saw a part of me we both let die / So I guess Iʼm just as guilty / But can you blame me?”
11.) WHERE WE BELONG by SARA WEEDA & YASUNORI MITSUDA
“This goodbye is not the end, I know / Until we meet again / Our feelings will remain the same / Together as one till we find ourselves again.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

House of the Dragon so far looks kinda cool, but I'm still a bit skeptical, mostly because I really didn't expect Matt Smith of all people to play Daemon and I'm still not sure how to feel about that. Also, how can it be that after all these years they have STILL not managed to find someone for the costume department that manages to produce wigs that don't look absolutely god awful for every male member of House Targaryen? I can't. Maybe they should ask the people over at The Witcher for a few tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment