Tuesday, June 7, 2022

May Recap

 

WHAT I READ

House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland
Hotel Magnifique by Emily J. Taylor
The City of Dusk (The Dark Gods, #1) by Tara Sim


PLAYLIST

1.) FAKE IT by STATE CHAMPS
“I’ll be there in the space where I’ve been all along / We’re more than the words that we say in the end / We bend and we break so there’s something to mend.”
2.) HALF EMPTY (feat. CHRISSY COSTANZA) by STATE CHAMPS
“‘Cause I’ve lied around the world enough / And I’ve tried to be who I was before / So I’m done digging it up when I find / I’m the glass half empty of every drink.”
3.) ACT LIKE THAT (feat. MITCHELL TENPENNY) by STATE CHAMPS 
“So where have you been? / I’m thinking that you can save me / But still you’re telling me maybe / It’s making me crazy.”
4.) WAITING ON YOU by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“I learned a lesson / Second guessing my sanity / Deal with depression / Prayed the devil was on a leash / But I could never be free.”
5.) IF YOU HAVE MY VOODOO DOLL, GIVE ME A HUG by LOVELESS
“Pushing away all the pain that I've left inside / Rushing right into my veins / Cut me wide open / Drain all the truth / Hollow just like you.”
6.) ME MYSELF & I by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Leave it up to me to fuck it up without a good reason / I know, I know that it was my own fault / Bullshit I feed myself / Me and my selfish appetite.”
7.) NOT ALONE by TRUE NORTH
“So call it closure / I'm trying to find the human that's inside of me / 'Cause it's over / And I'm trying to remember who I was before / But I don't know how.”
8.) DOWN WITH MY DEMONS by Lø SPIRIT
“I feel like I’m disappearing / And all I ever seem to say is / “When I was younger” / It’s pulling me under / How can I live if I don’t ever look up?”
9.) TELL ME WHY I MATTER by POINT BLANK SOCIETY
“Don't wanna give you any space 'cause I'm so easy to replace / Digging my own grave / Promise I won't tell so I put myself through hell / Bend me over backwards, my spine is giving out.”
10.) CHRYSALIS by YING - 莺
“Is choice all an empty lie? / A voice frozen into ice / Will fate slowly crystallize / In every soul I've ever known? / Can wings of rippling change erode a stone?”
11.) MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT by LOVELESS
“These burning flames, these crashing waves / Wash over me like a hurricane / I'll captivate, you're hypnotized / Feel powerful but it's me again.”
12.) HADES by VUKOVI
“Do you feel alive? Wanna see the other side? / Like a can of worms / I wanna watch you squirm / If you sell your soul / I won’t let go.”
13.) CIRCLE THE DRAIN by YOUTH NEVER DIES feat. MICKI SOBRAL
“I finally looked inside myself / And found my debt to pay / And if you took the chance / I think you'd probably feel the same.”
14.) LIKE THAT by YOU'LL SEE ONE DAY
“I don't think I'll make it home tonight / Every song like a remedy on my skin / Calling out into the pale moonlight / Praying you're the only one that'll let me in.”
15.) HALLUCINATE (feat. JOSH FRANCESCHI) by YOURS TRULY 
“In a room full of people I don’t like / Might stick around just out of spite / The dirt put on my name, I grew out of it / In full bloom when I’m out of it.”
16.) MONSTER MADE OF MEMORIES by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“It's alive like a parasite insidе of me / And it feeds on the trauma of what used to bе / But there's no shred of evidence 'cause I don't bleed / From this monster made of memories.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I won't lie, the way Derry Girls ended was a bit unexpected, but definitely a satisfying one nonetheless. It's fine, although I am still a bit sad that it had to end already at all.
The Wilds season 2, however, had a really great ending, also unexpected though. I think season 3 could be absolutely amazing, so I really, really hope the show gets renewed for it.
Lastly, I started in on Sanditon season 2... and listen. I knew that Theo James was not returning, and since I liked Charlotte's lil romance with Young Stringer and thought they would continue on that note, I didn't mind too terribly. But now you're telling me that HIS actor also didn't return?! Yikes. I really don't like the two people vying for Charlotte's affection at this moment, but I mean I also haven't watched a lot of episodes yet. But, purely on principle, this really ain't it. I'm hoping the drama of it all can still reel me on somehow despite my reservations, but oh boy... What a disappointment so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment