Friday, July 1, 2022

June Recap

 

WHAT I READ


The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin
• Into the Dying Light (The Age of Darkness, #3) by Katy Rose Pool
What We Devour by Linsey Miller
Sofi and the Bone Song by Adrienne Tooley


4 books.



PLAYLIST

1.) DYING FOR by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Tell me, young man, would you say / When the end was a moment away / You swallowed the pain without any regret / And settled your debt?”
2.) LEAVING by BOYS OF FALL
“I was thinking maybe that / You could try to understand / I was always hoping it / Wouldn’t ever come to this / But I’ve been living carelessly and you could tell.”
3.) NEVER COMING BACK by WAKE UP HATE
“If you can't look on the bright side / You can stay in the dark by me / I've been afraid of the blinding light for so long / I'm running endlessly.”
4.) LET ME LET GO by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“If you could feel what I feel, meet my monsters inside / You'd never tell me I'm selfish for wanting to die / You would let me let go.”
5.) LOW by NERV
“I’m on my way down / Hoping you won’t find out / Oh, I’m about to break now / Pick me ups won’t help now / Oh, I’m such a letdown.”
6.) HURRICANE by DREAM ON DREAMER
“Promise that I’ll be here / 'Til the sun starts freezing / I promise that I’ll hold your hand / 'Til your heart stops beating.”
7.) FOOTPRINTS by IN HER OWN WORDS (ft. SIERRA ANNIE)
“And if you make it back to where we were / With someone new, just don’t forget to / Smile, and think back, like I smile and think back on those days.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched a few episodes of First Kill so far and ... I just don't know how they are going to believably make me buy into this relationship at this point. It definitely hasn't happened yet, and I'm a little doubtful that they even still can, but I will at least watch a few more episodes until I make my final judgment. I had high expectations seeing as Victoria Schwab wrote this show, so we'll see if it can still deliver or if maybe my expectations killed it from the start (kind of a pun, ha).


No comments:

Post a Comment