Monday, November 1, 2021

October Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson
The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden
The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden

4 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) STITCH ME UP by POINT NORTH
“But I give, you take the best of me / You treat me like I’m your disease / Cut me from your high life / Keep twisting that dull knife / Watch the life leave my eyes.”
2.) GO ON THEN, LOVE by SAID THE SKY feat. THE MAINE
“Go on then, love / And show me your heart / 'Cause you are enough as you are and I'm awestruck.”
3.) WHERE WERE YOU by WE SET SIGNALS
“Say that I'm the one who tried to / Tear you limb from limb / You're the one who set the bombs off / When you gave me up for him.”
4.) STING by FORMER VANDAL
“Til it’s 2:12, you turn up at my place / Headlights out, end of the driveway / Ain’t no harm in a little bit of conversation.”
5.) TALK by FOR YOU THE MOON
“Maybe I’m too proud / I don’t wanna talk / I don’t wanna think about you anymore / I don’t wanna know / That you’re doing okay.”
6.) NOVEMBER by MADELINE JUNO
“Immer wenn es wie damals regnet / Stell ich mir vor ich wär dir nie begegnet / Könnt ich heute zum ersten Mal vor dir stehen / Ich würde lieber umdrehen und weggehen.”
7.) RATHER BE LONELY by SIAMESE
“And when your lies stop working you will know / You deserve to end up on your own / I’d rather be lonely than with you.”
8.) TRAUMATIC ADDICT by CENSUS (feat. RORY RODRIGUEZ)
“I miss everyone I've ever loved / I can't imagine what it's like to think I gave enough / Maybe someday I'll shake the feeling that I'm on my own.”
9.) PARANOID by PALAYE ROYALE
“All the friends I thought I knew / All the people I outgrew / All the nights I wasted tears / All the disappearing years / All these fucking voices in my head / Tell me I’m not good enough for them.”
10.) UNCOMFORTABLY NUMB by ARROWS IN ACTION (feat. TAYLOR ACORN)
“They say the road to hell is paved with gold / At 25 I feel content with caution, dodging my halo / You’re stealing all the breath out of my lungs / Got me in the dark speaking in tongues.”
11.) NO COLOR IN SIGHT by NARRATIVE
“I'm latching on strong to the feeling / That everything will change by morning / You're loosening your clutch, holding every grudge / I watched the fire turn to smoke inside of you.”
12.) WRONG (ACOUSTIC) by ENV¥¥OU
“But I know what you're thinking / It took a while to sink in / Why can't you make a sound? / Stop hiding in the clouds / Show me that you doubted.”
13.) 'LIFE' by ENV¥¥OU
“Sometimes I wanna sleep when I'm wide awake / Sometimes I wanna die but it's way too late / I make shit up as I go / Blood has turned to chemicals.”
14.) HOW WOULD I KNOW? by HARRY MARSHALL
“So in this dark light caught between these half lies / You tell me it's nothing but how would I know / Now eyes wide because you lied / And the guy you tried to hide is answering your door.”
15.) FEVER by PALOMA
“So many things I’d like to say / Hard to feel the pain and let go of it / Feels like there’s no other way / It’s hard to listen to my heart.”
16.) YOU > ME by OH WONDER
“You see, I loved you more than I loved myself / Can't believe I had you / I need you more than I need myself / Better that I lost you.”
17.) SLOW DOWN by MAIKA
“She fills a void / Couple new boy toys / And a drink of choice / Looking like a dream come true / Baby, you know I know / That deep down it's killing you.”
18.) DARK CLOUD by NEVERTEL
“Tell me how to cope now / It feels like I've been living with a dark cloud / That's hanging over of me like a halo / And everybody's saying, "Yeah, that's too bad" / Yeah, that's too bad.”
19.) ALL THAT I'VE BECOME by JONNY CRAIG
“Used to see me on my worst days / No longer stuck inside my old ways / Used to see me as your worst case / No longer searching for my own fate.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Nancy Drew season 3 is literally keeping me going throughout every week, each Saturday morning getting to watch the new episode is honestly my current highlight, not gonna lie. When did I get so damn invested in this show?
Also, in the meantime in between episodes of that, I pretty much binged Squid Game while in bed with a stomachache and while it was not quite as remarkable as everyone hyped it up to be, it was still extremely solid. It had a few pacing issues, but all in all, I enjoyed it.
Another show I did enjoy despite a few minor issues here and there was season 3 of You. They really came up with a concept, went with it and did a pretty awesome job, which I for one did not expect to be honest. However, I really wish they would've stuck to their guns regarding the end of the season, I'm not sure season 4 is going to be as refreshing because of certain things that happened.


NOVEMBER TBR

• All of Us Villains (All of Us Villains, #1) by Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment