Thursday, December 2, 2021

November Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Little Thieves (Little Thieves, #1) by Margaret Owen
All of Us Villains (All of Us Villains, #1) by Amanda Foody & Christine Lynn Herman
Dreams Lie Beneath by Rebecca Ross
All These Bodies by Kendare Blake
Iron Widow (Iron Widow, #1) by Xiran Jay Zhao

5 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) CRIMINAL by LED BY LANTERNS
“Am I gonna burn all the bridges behind? / 'Cause I feel like I am walking a wire / You can tie me up and light the fire / 'Cause you've pinned me as another liar.”
2.) TAKE THE PAIN AWAY by ALESTI (feat. RORY RODRIGUEZ)
“If rest is for the dead, you know where I’ll be / Six feet in the dirt, right where you want me / There is nothing that takes the pain away / Just darkness that covers everything.”
3.) MOON HALO by 茶理理, TETRACALYX & HANSER
“A pair of wings for me at this moment / To soar above this world / Turn into a shooting star that briefly shines / But warms up every heart.”
4.) NIGHTGLOW by TANYA CHUA 
“Never let you go / It's why I did them all / For a chance at least / To live in your way / Love of you is my most cherished thing / So stay alive, bravely.”
5.) CUTTING IT CLOSE by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Never knew that every moment / Could carry the weight / Not enough to break the silence / There's nothing to say.”
6.) THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND by BAD OMENS
“You come and go in waves, leaving me in your wake / You come and go in waves, swallowing everything / Are you satisfied? / Love's the death of peace of mind.”
7.) HEAVY by PEACH PRC
“How can I love myself / When I’m so draining to everyone else? / So I’ve been told / I’m heavy to hold / Fix you is only pretty when it’s sung by Coldplay.”
8.) YOU & ME by MEMPHIS MAY FIRE
“Maybe you thought that I'd turn into someone else / But I stayed the same / All that changed / Was the way that you felt.”
9.) GO TO HELL by BETWEEN YOU & ME feat. YOURS TRULY
“If I could see inside your mind for just one day / Bet I’d spend a couple hours and I’d go insane / Only know how to care for a couple seconds a day.”
10.) TWICE by CHARLIE SIMPSON
“I miss everything we had / Lord knows I wanted it back / But I got new future plans.”
11.) ON THE RUN by WRENN
“Just say what you need to / But don't tell me not to / And everyone knows you now / And I hate who you've become / Everyone knows what you're doing / Everyone knows who to blame.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I absolutely need a season 4 of Nancy Drew, because this season is just getting better and better with each episode every week. Fingers crossed very, very tightly.
Whoever decided to turn the last season of Dear White People into a musical needs to get fired, and stat. Most of the actors just aren't musicians and you could tell, so what was the point of that, really? I skipped most musical numbers as a result, and I felt like the season really lacked some overall cohesion, so unfortunately it wasn't quite the nice send-off that I would have wished for this show... 
Midnight Mass was another huge letdown, after having read nothing but positive feedback for this series, I dragged myself through each episode thinking that there has to be some kind of reveal, or something has to happen to deserve such praise, like the genius has to be somewhere around the corner if I just keep watching for long enough. There was never any pay-off for my dedication though, the entire plot was so extremely cliché and predictable, this show brings nothing new to the table and the character arcs and dynamics were so, so flat even though they spend 98% of the show talking and talking and having monologues, which was tedious af. 

No comments:

Post a Comment