Monday, May 31, 2021

May Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Queen of Coin and Whispers by Helen Corcoran
Realm Breaker (Realm Breaker, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
Witches Steeped in Gold (Witches Steeped in Gold, #1) by Ciannon Smart
The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo
Room by Emma Donoghue
Sweet & Bitter Magic by Adrienne Tooley
City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1) by Victoria Schwab
Mister Impossible (Dreamer Trilogy, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

8 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) THERAPY by VOILÀ
“We went from everything to nothing / And I never saw it coming / Why you couldn't leave me something / To hold at night?”
2.) YOU'RE NOT ALONE by SIAMESE
“You’re on the wrong side of 25 / And your emotions are an empty hive / And you still wake up alone in the gloomy night / Saying that crying a lot means you’re still alive.”
3.) SADNESS by JONNY CRAIG
“Discovering the depths of the sheets over my bed / I know that you’ll be there when they lay my soul to rest / There’s no time for sadness.”
4.) LOVE IS A WEAPON by LETDOWN.
“Oh blood that's in my veins / You’ve got my message in your brain / I’m not the one to go insane but I’ll keep walking to my grave.”
5.) I'M MAD AT GOD by SARAH SAINT JAMES
“I’m mad at God / 'Cause I prayed last night and I woke up the same size / I fell in love with a girl this time / And my mom says that’s not right.”
6.) NOT THE ONE by NERV
“Of the things that you said to me / You promised me that you’d never leave / But I caught you slipping, didn’t I? / 'Cause I’m done / Hoping for something ‘cause you’re / Not the one.”
7.) DANCING WITH THE DEVIL by DEMI LOVATO
“It's just a little red wine, I'll be fine / Not like I wanna do this every night / I've been good, don't I deserve it? / I think I earned it, feels like it's worth it.”
8.) THE WAY YOU FELT by ALEC BENJAMIN
“Maybe I’m the one to blame, have a tendency / For always ignoring my brain when it says to me / That someone has been manipulating my empathy.”
9.) REWRITE by BRADEN ROSS (feat. DAYS TO WASTE)
“‘Cause my heart just feels so empty / While I’m having trouble connecting / Everything you said when you left me all alone / But I'll rewrite the melodies / And I'll take back the memories of you.”
10.) MERCY by ECHOES (feat. KELLIN QUINN)
“Turn around and look to see me clearly / I have never more than loved you dearly / Why don’t you? / Just another one to call me crazy / That’s the only thing I’m hearing lately.”
11.) I THINK ABOUT YOU by BLU J (feat. SVRCINA)
“You are growing in my mind like an orchid / Petals on the floor, petals on the floor / I don't even know what I can do about it / When I'm all alone, you still got me surrounded.”
12.) FATE & FAIRYTALES by MISPLACED (feat. SAYWECANFLY)
“Thought I knew you but I guess I never did / I gave you everything and now you being a bitch / I know you got another one and maybe he commits.”
13.) GOOD 4 U by OLIVIA RODRIGO
“Remember when you swore to God I was the only / Person who ever got you? Well, screw that, and screw you / You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do.”
14.) TRAITOR by OLIVIA RODRIGO
“Loved you at your worst but that didn't matter / It took you two weeks to go off and date her / Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor.”
15.) FAVORITE CRIME by OLIVIA RODRIGO
“The things I did just so I could call you mine / Well, I hope I was your favorite crime / I say that I hate you with a smile on my face / Oh, look what we became.”
16.) HOPE UR OK by OLIVIA RODRIGO
“Well, I hope you know how proud I am you were created / With the courage to unlearn all of their hatred / But, God, I hope that you're happier today.”
17.) YOUR FRIENDS LIKE ME BETTER by WRENN
“I think it's kinda funny how they know you well / But they like me better / I thought I would die without you / But babe would you look at me now? / No longer a face in your crowd.”
18.) FACE TO FACE by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“I can't forgive, I can't forget / But if I face my darkest days / Will I finally make my peace? / I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I only watched the weekly new episodes of Nancy Drew (which, WOW! I'm so in love with everything) as well as Queen of the South (while not quite as great, still extremely solid). However, I did get around to watching some movies instead: Finally got around to Fack ju Göhte as well as its sequel, I unexpectedly enjoyed the former while the latter really let me down tbh. Another letdown was Things Heard & Seen, which was kinda interesting in its concept, but ended up so incredibly boring and lackluster. Yet another letdown, but an expected one, was Fallen. I ... really don't know what came over me here. An unexplainable surge of masochism? Idk. But I wanted to see what the movie was all about, after hating every single book in that series. I guess the best I can say is that it was over pretty soon? Last up we got Seventh Son, which ... yes, I admit I only watched this because of Ben Barnes. It wasn't half-bad, though! Like, it didn't break any molds or anything, but it was a solid fantasy.


JUNE TBR

• One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
• Witchshadow (The Witchlands, #4) by Susan Dennard

No comments:

Post a Comment