Tuesday, June 29, 2021

June Recap

 

WHAT I READ

She's Too Pretty to Burn by Wendy Heard
One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
The Kinder Poison (The Kinder Poison, #1) by Natalie Mae
The Cruelest Mercy (The Kinder Poison, #2) by Natalie Mae
Witchshadow (The Witchlands, #4) by Susan Dennard

6 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) BEAUTIFUL by EMILIA ALI feat. VOILÀ
“It's not my business where you put your heart now / Can't help but love her for you / You earned it / I'm glad she's perfect, but / Seeing you together is like a heart attack.”
2.) U LIKE U by BLACKBEAR feat. TATE MCRAE
“It's been over for a year or so / I should've left a couple tears ago / Got me down on my knees / Heart is froze, I don't feel nothin' / You're selfish, selfish, how do you love?”
3.) YOU CAN GO BE WITH HIM by KAYDEN
“You never gave me any answers / Nobody taught you any manners / We haven't talked in over two years / But the mess that you made never disappears.”
4.) TU WAS DU WILLST by MADELINE JUNO
“Lass alles liegen was du nicht mehr brauchst / Wirf alles weg, meine Liebe auch / Mach was du am besten kannst und lauf / Ich gab dir alles, es war nie genug / Tu was du willst.”
5.) RECKLESS by MADISON BEER
“You gave me your word / Don’t worry 'bout her / You might love her now / But you loved me first / Said you’d never hurt me, but here we are / Oh, you swore on every star.
6.) VOICENOTES (ALTERNATIVE VERSION) by YOU ME AT SIX
“Put my name on / Your skin as if this was permanent / I be slipping / Slipping for your fingers like a bad decision.”
7.) RIVER FLOW by ANNIE DRURY
“So sad, gone and lost the best thing I ever had and you know / You know that I'm sorry / I've tried, we all make mistakes and I could have lied / Oh, how I loved you so.”
8.) STRANGERS by FINDING HOPE
“Sometimes I’d wonder why / It has to be goodbye / One night to change your mind / But would you let me try? / Don't wanna be strangers.”
9.) ALIVE by GUARDIN feat. PVRIS
“I'm staying still while the seasons arrive / This ain't the place for me, why do I try? / No destination inside of my mind / I've taken pills in the past, I'll be fine.”
10.) BROKEN HEART OF GOLD by ONE OK ROCK
“Sometimes I just wanna quit / Tell my life I’m done with it / When it feels too painful / Sometimes I just wanna say / I love myself but not today.”
11.) THE DEVIL by BANKS
“I'm the devil and I speed with the pedal on the gas / And I think I like a fast life better now / I'm the devil, did they tell you I'm the devil? / Put your faith in another life past.”
12.) HEALING by FLETCHER
“Breaking down don’t mean I’m broken / Losing hope don’t mean I’m hopeless / Maybe all I need is time / It never happens overnight / I ain’t there yet but I’m healing.”
13.) ABOVE IT ALL by ARCHETYPES COLLIDE
“When I’m lower than I’ve ever been / I won’t be broke down again / I will rise up above it all / I won’t listen to the voices in my head / I’ll never let them win.”
14.) KISS ME GOODBYE by DEATHBYROMY
“You’re desperate and out of touch / I’m easy but you’re hard to trust / Already given you too much but being second place / Will never ever be enough.”
15.) FRIENDS LIKE THIS by HEY VIOLET
“How am I supposed to make friends like this? / When we only connect like this? / How am I supposed to have fun like this? / At a party of one like this?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Oh man that season finale of Nancy Drew left me wanting so much more. October can't come soon enough, I truly need to know what happens next ASAP. Similarly, Queen of the South's series finale was also well done, I liked the wrap-ups for the most part. It was simplistic and predictable, but better that than something truly atrocious. Other than that, I really didn't get to watch anything... welp.


JULY TBR    

• The Box in the Woods (Truly Devious, #4) by Maureen Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment