Monday, May 3, 2021

April Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2) by Leigh Bardugo
Opium and Absinthe by Lydia Kang
The Vegetarian by Han Kang
Down Comes The Night by Allison Saft
Five Ways to Fall Out of Love by Emily Martin
Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1) by Rin Chupeco

6 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) NEUKÖLLN by MADELINE JUNO
“Ich will nie wieder, nie wieder nach Neukölln / Nie wieder fühlen, was ich vergessen will / Ich lass mir lieber / Mein Herz mit Teer auffüllen / Denn wenn es kalt wird, ist es endlich still.”
2.) DU FÄNDEST ES SCHÖN by MADELINE JUNO
“Nichts geht einfach vorbei, doch es tut weniger weh / Ist nicht alles perfekt, doch alles auf dem Weg / Ich bin sicher, könntest du das alles sehen, du fändest es schön.”
3.) GLAD WE BROKE UP by KAYDEN
“I was all alone every night / He was laying beside you, while I / Was trying to find you / Won't admit you got to me / Can't erase the memories.”
4.) PUSH // PULL by SAM SKY feat. LAUREN BABIC
“Every time that I've been honest / Things always end the same / Why do I try to open my heart / If it always ends in pain?”
5.) ANXIOUS by THE WLDLFE
“And I don't wanna waste your time / But I can feel it deep inside my bones / We ain't going up in lights / 'Cause it was never real, it's just for show.”
6.) BOW TO ME by TRACES
“Up in the clouds, I pray to you / Fall to the ground, I'll wait for you / Down with the seasons, change for you / I can't change the truth / I'm not made for you.”
7.) BURN DOWN THIS ROOM by RUBEN
“You think I like to play the victim / Say that it's clear in how I speak / Like it's some kind of competition of / Who hurts the most of you and me / What if, for once, you try to listen?”
8.) YOU by REGARD, TROYE SIVAN & TATE MCRAE
“I see your face in every stranger, everywhere I go / I hear your voice in conversations, every word you spoke / Nearly blocked you on my phone about a thousand times.”
9.) WHEN WAS IT OVER? by SASHA SLOAN ft. SAM HUNT
“So was it ever real or was it all pretend? / The way you’re acting’s got me wondering / When was the moment you knew / That you were gonna walk out eventually? / It’s still not over for me.”
10.) KNOW MY LONELINESS by NEVERTEL
“How did I get like this? / I’m a failure to coexist lately / Nobody knows me best like I know my lonely / Know my loneliness.”
11.) PANIC ROOM (ACOUSTIC) by AU/RA
“Still waiting, hands shaking / Maybe the coast will clear / But these voices, these strange noises / They followed me in here.”
12.) WASTED ART by POINT NORTH
“I don’t ever wanna forget / Without you things are a little bit different / We could’ve made a beautiful picture / Yeah, we were wasted art / We could only paint in black and white.”
13.) SHE GETS THE FLOWERS by BETH MCCARTHY
“She gets the flowers, right? / The posts made about her / A love that is perfect / A love I deserved / A love that I gave.”
14.) SHAMELESS by VRSTY
“But I can't take any more / Convulsing like a fiend on the floor / She says I'm the one, but this isn't fun / She fooled me once, now she's coming for blood.”
15.) DEVIL by LOWBORN
“It keeps coming for me with a skeleton key and some nights it locks me out / On my own, guess I'll never break the chains / 'Cause it's better to deal with the devil you know / Than the devil you don't.”
16.) STILL THE SAME by SHY MARTIN (ft. BOY IN SPACE)
“Hoped it'd be different but it feels the same / You left my system but you're stuck in my DNA / My heart's pushed into a corner / My brain is out of order.”
17.) MIDDLE OF THE ROAD by CHAZ CARDIGAN
“All my life I was watching everybody die young and keep living / I couldn’t wait to go find something better than sticking around.”
18.) LAST DECEMBER by GOOD CHARLOTTE
“Things we didn’t say / Mistakes that we both made / None of that stays with me to this day.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Honestly, the star of the whole year is simply Shadow and Bone. I binged it all on the Friday it came out and I was so entirely blown away. I STILL AM. This is truly the best adaptation ever, and everything I could have asked for as well as so much more. I love every single thing about it. I have no notes. Nothing to criticize. I am in love with this show with every fiber of my being.
I also pushed through the entirety of Westworld and seeing as I keep having all these issues with my HBO subscription (sigh), I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. At this point, I feel like the show is kind of overhyped, but then again, nobody is talking about it anymore? You couldn't escape it back when season 1 was airing, but oh well. It's an okay show, but honestly not THAT great.
Another show that I binged in one single evening that I truly enjoyed, however, was Biohackers. The acting and the script were iffy here and there, but the science is sort of solid and I do love the way they went with the story. I am definitely going to be watching season two.
Yet another show I basically binged within a few days was The Irregulars. I enjoyed this one so much, I really hope there's going to be a season 2 because I see so much potential.
Lastly, I had to make the most of the buggy HBO subscription and so I binged Sharp Objects as well. I liked it! I haven't had the chance to read the book beforehand, but nevertheless, it was still quite compelling. I do believe that I would have maybe liked it a bit better if I had read it, but I enjoyed it more than, say, Westworld
Nancy Drew is also keeping me entertained every week; I'm still vastly enjoying this season. The same is true for Queen of the South, returning with a season five that is so much better than season 4 already. Let's see how this last season is going to pan out. I've also finally started on Wynonna Earp season 4, and so far I am very much interested and liking it.


MAY TBR

• Realm Breaker (Realm Breaker, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
• Mister Impossible (Dreamer Trilogy, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

No comments:

Post a Comment