Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1) by Tamsyn Muir
Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2) by Tamsyn Muir
They Wish They Were Us by Jessica Goodman
• Know My Name by Chanel Miller
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

7 books.

PLAYLIST

1.) HOPE IT HURTS by DABIN (feat. ESSENGER)
“I hope it hurts when you think of me / Late at night tossing in your sheets / I hope it aches when you hear my name / Bite your lip 'til the memory fades.”
2.) INSUBORDINATE by ALT.
“I see you in all of your pride, I hear you with every lie / I'm going to bury you, but not till I come to / I want to see you begging for death / You've got a feeling you're better off dead.
3.) WEAPON by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“And though I try and do it right with my intentions / Keep 'em good, they never break, but I still bend 'em / 'Cause this devil on my shoulder wants to pull me underneath.”
4.) BLOODSUCKER by A DAY TO REMEMBER
“I tried to help you / See what you can’t see / But your reflection blind to reality / Like a shadow running from the sun rising / Finally it dawned on me.”
5.) UNDER ME by VELAFIRE
“But you’re still staring away from me / Said with hesitant disbelief / I think it’s better if you would leave / Might as well be dead / If I stay jaded my whole life.”
6.) OVER YOU by THRONES
“I wonder where we'd be / If I was more than your entertainment / Messed up, same old story / Turns out you don't even know me / I swear you live for the heartbreak.”
7.) ALL I NEED by NEVERTEL
“You claim to be the purist but you're artificial / Only clinging on to someone if they beneficial / Sad you scheming like a fiend / Yellow tape, I left the scene / Ain't shit to talk about.”
8.) ANOTHER LIE by NEVERTEL
“It's not me that's dragging out a stupid fight / It's not me that's screwing with another life / You're so eager now to find something / That I did to you so you can sleep at night.”
9.) SHUT UP by TYLER POSEY ft. PHEM & TRAVIS BARKER
“I’m learning how to walk away / Even though it feels so wrong / Don’t speak, it’ll make it worse / Your words only make it hurt / You said enough so shut up, shut up / I’m not enough for you.”
10.) DID I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH? by ROSENDALE
“’Cause you said it was over / But I gave you the world for you to take / There was no point in talking / Oh, what could I say?”
11.) AFLOAT by THE GOSPEL YOUTH
“I'm a shell of who I once was, letting down the ones I love / I'm hiding from and never talking to strangers / I know that we've all been hurt before / And the pain, it never heals.”
12.) ONE LITTLE LIE by SIMPLE CREATURES
“I lost my faith in drinking / Living in a shark’s teeth with you beside me / Waiting for the water to bleed / If I tell myself one little lie then I think that I’ll be alright.”
13.) REMEMBER by VOILÀ
“I never thought I would be missing / Shooting stars out in the distance / Is it just me that's still wishing? / So just tell me / Do you remember?”
14.) ONCE IN A LIFETIME by ALL TIME LOW
“Take it fast and kill me slow / Try to forget you / Gotta pretend to / ‘Til I hit an all-time low / I hope a heart only breaks this bad / Once in a lifetime.”
15.) THE PAST IS DEAD by BEARTOOTH
“Open up now give me some feeling / Took a chance threw it all away / It’s a wreck now nobody’s healing / How the hell can I stay?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I binged the entirety of Behind Her Eyes in one night, and I still can't quite figure out my feelings on it tbh. It was kinda lame (I was pretty much constantly doing a secondary action as well), but that twist of an ending was so unpredictably good that I begrudgingly grant it that bit of genius.
Nancy Drew, however, is still a delight every week, of course.

I watched some movies as well: First up was a documentary, Abducted in Plain Sight which was terrifiyingly real and tragic. At least it has somewhat of a good ending, though. Next up was an admittedly pretty terrible horror movie called Don't Hang Up. Was I supposed to empathize with these assholes, or what? At least Gregg Sulkin is nice to look at, I guess. Even more unbelievably boring than that was The Dig, which at some point I started only paying half attention to because it was so dull.


APRIL TBR

• Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

No comments:

Post a Comment