Wednesday, March 3, 2021

February Recap

 

WHAT I READ

The Mask Falling (The Bone Season, #4) by Samantha Shannon
The Girls I've Been by Tess Sharpe
A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3) by Brigid Kemmerer
Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
The Initial Insult (The Initial Insult, #1) by Mindy McGinnis


PLAYLIST

1.) PRESSURE by NIGHTBREAKERS
“I’ve been waiting so damn long for this to get better / Low on serotonin, but I’ll never surrender / Need some medication / Why am I always like this? / I guess I’ll never know.”
2.) FAKE by LIGHT UP THE SKY
“Now I understand / You've been lying to my face / Tell yourself "It's just a phase" / That you did no wrong.”
3.) LESS OF ME by UNTIL I WAKE
“You left me jaded / A million things that I'm left thinking / Tomorrow you'll think less of me / You've been lying through your teeth / I know sinners never sleep.”
4.) JAGWAR by SHELLS
“Give a little, get it all / Honey and gold for the taking / Fire up my amber heart / Can you feel the ground beneath?”
5.) RESENTMENT by A DAY TO REMEMBER
“No I can’t stop feeling like everday's exactly the same / With a one track mind I don’t think I can change / Trapped in memories stuck on replay.”
6.) MY FATHER SAID by HURTWAVE
“My mother taught me to leave / But she never said who I should keep / She says we can't talk all the time / You don't have to be sad on your own / Don't sleep alone.”
7.) SMILE by LOVELESS
“The hearts that you break have a name / And when they break / You don’t get to have a say.”
8.) GOOD IN GOODBYE by MADISON BEER
“I would take a bullet for you just to prove my love / Only to find out you are the one holding the gun / You put the "over" in "lover," put the "ex" in "next".”
9.) EFFORTLESSLY by MADISON BEER
“But I'm still fading / I can't save me / Am I just gonna drown? / I used to do these things so effortlessly, somehow.”
10.) SELFISH by MADISON BEER
“Shouldn't love you, but I couldn't help it / Had a feeling that you never felt it / I always knew that you were too damn selfish.”
11.) EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON by MADISON BEER
“I used to believe / That everything happens for a reason / But I just can't find a reason / You’d wanna hurt me so bad / And what in the world did I do / To deserve such a pain in my heart?”
12.) STAY NUMB AND CARRY ON by MADISON BEER
“Stay numb and carry on / Too young to hate someone / Truth is, it was never love / I've become emotionless / My heart can't help but wonder where the feeling is.”
13.) EMPTY by CHASE ATLANTIC
“Tell me why the fuck I feel so empty? / This might be the reason that she left me / Mama, what's the reason I feel empty? / I might pop another, please don’t tempt me.”
14.) CHEMICALS by NORMANDIE
“I let another substance fix my heart / Waiting for the kicks to knock me out / I've got a love like chemicals.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I basically binged the entirety of The Magicians in, like, a week I think? It was definitely a wild ride. I think Quentin Coldwater might actually be one of my all time favorite characters now. Anyway, I definitely enjoyed it, some aspects (and some episodes) more than others, but all in all? It was a really solid show.
Another show I kind of binged is The Alienist. To be honest, season 1 was far better and more compelling than the second season, but I still hope that season 3 is going to be a thing. I secretly ship Sara so much with Laszlo instead of John and while I'm pretty sure that there's literally no chance of that ever happening by now, I still would like to see more of their dynamic.
Yet another binge, although a shorter one, was Derry Girls. There's not a lot of episodes and they're quite short, so... But I did also enjoy this one. Have to watch it with subtitles, though, all that Irish is not the easiest to understand on the fly.
I ended up quickly finishing the third and last season of MTV's Scream as well. It was definitely a lot different than what I expected, but I liked some of the characters and it was okay enough seeing as it was only like 4 hours of time "wasted" in the end anyway.
Lastly, Nancy Drew is still pulling me in every week and I'm super happy about the renewal. I was not expecting it tbh, but what a pleasant surprise.

As for movies, I watched To All The Boys: Always and Forever and it was super cute, as expected.


MARCH TBR

• Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2) by Cassandra Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment