Sunday, January 31, 2021

January Recap

 

WHAT I READ

I Would Leave Me If I Could by Halsey
War of the Foxes by Richard Siken
These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1) by Chloe Gong
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa (re-read)
Shadow's Legacy (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #0.5) by Julie Kagawa


PLAYLIST

1.) I WISH I NEVER MET YOU by OH WONDER
“I cry like a river / Fist fight with the mirror / I guess life ain't all glitter / It takes time to get bigger / Shine bright, find a rhythm / And I'll try not to be bitter.”
2.) DRIVERS LICENSE by OLIVIA RODRIGO
“And I know we weren't perfect / But I've never felt this way for no one / And I just can't imagine / How you could be so okay now that I'm gone.”
3.) WHY HER NOT ME by GRACE CARTER
“You took my air out of your lungs / So you could breathe with another one / Oh tell me, why her, not me? / What did I do for you to wreck it all?”
4.) HATE THE PLAYER, NOT THE GAME by GALLEONS
“You said that you didn't want to play this game / Took all we had and washed it down the drain / You said to hate the player, not the game / But I know that they're one and the same.”
5.) GHOST IN MY HOME by POINT NORTH
“'Cause you're the thorn in my side that I can't pull out now / The pain in my gut when you keep bringing me down / You’re the ghost in my home and I wanna be alone now.”
6.) MEMORIES by JONNY CRAIG
“I used to think that we could share my last name / Nobody else could interfere with our reign / But that was just my fantasy / When there was something left between us.”
7.) NUMB by AARON RICHARDS & ESSENGER
“Can’t you see that you’re smothering me? / Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control / 'Cause everything that you thought I would be / Is falling apart right in front of you.”
8.) SKIN by SABRINA CARPENTER
“I just hope that one day / We both can laugh about it / When it's not in our face / Won't have to dance around it.”
9.) LET YOU DOWN by ASSUMING WE SURVIVE
“Is it okay if I let you down? / Though it’s not what I wanted / Guess I did somehow / Stuck in the worst of my ways / I hope I can change somehow.”
10.) GLASGOW by YOU ME AT SIX
“Everyone was someone else before / Feelings flood the room like the wine we'd pour / I was yours before you called me mine / But that now feels like another life.”
11.) THE ONLY WAY by FEAR AND WONDER (ft. TREVOR WENTWORTH)
“If only there was a way to reverse the pain / If only we could forget it all and start over again / The fear of dying alone / Is pulling me under.”
12.) THE AFTERGLOW by ISLA VERA
“I can’t make you change your mind / I won’t wait for you to come home / So when you find yourself at the bottom / I’ll be long gone.”
13.) CHASING GHOSTS by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“We used to have a light / Now it's too dark to shine / Gave you my heart and soul / Thought I was chasing love / I was only chasing a ghost.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I was super in the mood for some petty teen bopper, so I binged Tiny Pretty Things in a few days and it was so good. Like, good in a trashy kind of way. It was Riverdale, but so much better, you feel? You have to like and be in the mood for that type of story, which I was, so I thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest.
Another show I thoroughly enjoyed watching even while I was also thoroughly disturbed by it was Equinox. Again, I binged it in one single night and stayed up really late finishing it, and I truly just do not understand the ending one single bit, but it was a good show nonetheless.
The Wilds was another show I flew through. I gotta say, I thought I would like it more than I did, but that doesn't mean that I didn't like it, if you know what I mean... I am definitely very pumped for season 2, that ending left me wanting so much more.
In contrast, there is one show, a show that is highly debated and hated by most, which I ended up really liking, actually. I'm almost afraid to say it, but ... I enjoyed Fate: The Winx Saga? Like, as an adaptation, yes, it was horrible, absolutely terrible. The whitewashing and all, fucking problematic, yeah. It definitely has its negative sides, I won't lie, but seeing it for what it is, and standing on its own, it really, truly was not half bad. I am actually hoping for a second season, I would definitely watch it, but we'll see...
Lastly, there's a few shows left where I watched like a couple of episodes. One of them being Euphoria, with me having finally watched the two specials and while I did like Jules' special tons more tbh, I enjoyed both of them.
The new season of Nancy Drew also seems to be gearing up to be just as enjoyable as the first one, so I'm also very much looking forward to each new episode every week.
Finally, I started in on The Alienist, and so far, I really do like it a lot. I already love the main characters so much. The only downside is I'm shipping Sara and Laszlo hardcore but I know they won't be a thing. Why does this always happen to me?

I watched a few movies as well! First up is The Midnight Sky and it was the most boring, vapid movie ever, not gonna lie. Definitely would not recommend, because literally nothing happens and everything that does is very, very predictable. Red Sparrow was also quite predictable, but I at least liked it a bit more. What wasn't predictable was the ending of Promising Young Woman. I liked the movie a lot, although I'd imagined it to be a bit more impactful than it actually ended up being. Another movie that didn't leave as much of an impression as I was led to believe was Pieces of a Woman, which I also found quite mind-numbing, to be honest, although I did like the ending.


FEBRUARY TBR

• A Vow So Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3) by Brigid Kemmerer

And of course I wand to finish The Mask Falling by Samantha Shannon, which I'm currently reading and almost halfway through. We'll see what else catches my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment