Saturday, January 2, 2021

December Recap

 

WHAT I READ

The Burning God (The Poppy War, #3) by R.F. Kuang
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel


2 books.



PLAYLIST

1.) BLACK LUNGS by ARCHITECTS
“Do you cross your heart when you hope to die? / Are you sleeping deep in the hurricane? / Good lord, it’s enough to plague a saint.”
2.) COMEDY by SHADED
“I loved you like no other now I think you’re leaving / Now I wanna hate you but I just don’t, that's me / I gotta clear what’s in my brain / And I don’t need no more reminders, no pain.”
3.) MAKE HATE TO ME by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“I don't know why we cross that line / Guess we crave the misery / It's got nothing to do with love / Hearts are numb where we come from.”
4.) LOCK ME UP by PALOMA
“Well I’ve had a lot that I could say but I can’t find the words / I know it doesn’t hurt / So you better just lock me up / 'Cause you know that I’ve had enough.”
5.) SEVER by HURTWAVE
“Don't wanna hear your apologies, want you to break at the thought of me / Cold-blooded, heartless / Killing everything you come across / No soul, no conscience / Leaving everyone abandoned.”
6.) BROKEN UP by DON VEDDA
“Usually I'm put together / Most of the time I'm fine / Normally I break up better / But baby, not this time.”
7.) LAST LAUGH by FLETCHER
“Wish you'd never met me / I'm that bitch, I do the most / Haunt you everywhere you go / Making you believe in ghosts.”
8.) I'M SORRY by MOKITA feat. STAND ATLANTIC
“There’s so much I regret  / All the things that I said / Well it’s 4am and I'm wondering / If you ever think about me / No, we can’t go back, it’s too late for that / But I hope you know I'm sorry.”
9.) DISTANCE by BOYS OF FALL
“Let you go, drift away into nothing / 'Cause I don’t know you, I don’t know you now / You’re a ghost passing through / So who was I to you, my love?”
10.) COLOURLESS by WINDWAKER
“Wish this lasted longer when we were golden / Shining, brightened the darkness where I belonged / And I just wanted to die right inside of your love.”
11.) OVER YOURSELF by HEART OF GOLD
“I miss you calling me up / And now you've fallen in love / So tell me, was it enough?”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

It was Studio Ghibli time this month, having watched Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo. I vastly enjoyed the former, the latter was okay.
Someone also convinced me to watch Deadpool despite me being hesitant, and it actually ended up being really entertaining, I liked it a lot.
I finally got the chance to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel as well and I enjoyed that one, too. The aesthetics were to die for.

As for shows, I watched Bridgerton, constantly going from "I like this, it's nice" to "Why is this happening I hate it, it's really frustrating." Welp. In the end, I guess it was an okay show.


JANUARY TBR

• A Vow so Bold and Deadly (Cursebreakers, #3) by Brigid Kemmerer

No comments:

Post a Comment