Monday, November 2, 2020

October Recap

WHAT I READ


The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5) by Rick Riordan

5 books.


PLAYLIST


1.) WONDER by SHAWN MENDES
I wonder if I'm being real / Do I speak my truth or do I filter how I feel? / I wonder what it's like to be my friends / Hope that they don't think I forget about them.
2.) HAVE U FOUND WHAT UR LOOKING FOR? by ASHTON IRWIN
“Liquid conscience spinning deeper / Always wanting to see clearer / Will I find the tiger's dinner? / Waiting while my hair grows thinner.”
3.) SOMEONE YOU LOVED by JONNY CRAIG
“Now the day bleeds into nightfall / And you're not here to get me through it all / I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug / I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.”
4.) YOU & I by VRSTY
“Do you consider how / You made me broken, bitter now? / Take your shit, leave me alone / This is no longer a home / You ruined me, this is what you do to me.”
5.) NUMB by KIIARA (feat. PVRIS & DEATHBYROMY)
“All alone, I'm letting go / One day, I might just go inside and cut the ropes / I'm so sick of feeling nothing / Body always craving something.”
6.) SO SICK by KIIARA (feat. BLACKBEAR)
“You got me feeling so sick / How could you move on that quick? / You were so in love, I know it / Why would you treat me like this?”
7.) SAD by LANY
“And I get so drunk that I pretend / That I don’t miss all the good things that we had / ‘Cause I heard you found somebody else / Wish that I could make you sad.”
8.) FAKE by LAUV (feat. CONAN GRAY)
“'Cause you’re so fucking fake / You don’t mean a single thing you say / And you’re just like all the people that you hate / When the real you’s back, I’ll pick up my phone.”
9.) WISDOM TEETH by BEA MILLER
“Why am I so stupid? / Used to be so smart / When they pulled my teeth out / Lost the wisest parts / I used to be so happy / No matter what happened to me.”
10.) FOREVER DAMNED by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“Self-sabotage is my prophecy / Overthinking till I believe / I don't know what it is like to feel / Anything other than what I'm feeling.”
11.) EVERYTHING IN MY MIND by NEVERTEL
“Like what is the point if I have no direction? / A lot on my plate and I’m feeling the tension / Mentally drained 'cause I’m over-obsessing / On letting 'em down, I hate the rejection.”
12.) GOOD THINGS FALL APART by ILLENIUM feat. JON BELLION
“Did I say something wrong? / Did you hear what I was thinking? / Did I talk way too long? / When I told you all my feelings that night?”
13.) THANK YOU by PVRIS (feat. RAYE)
“You never loved me / You loved me losing my mind / You gave me nothing / Guess the love was all mine / And it’s still mine.”
14.) TEARDROPS by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“Nothing makes me sadder than my head / I’m running out of teardrops / Let it hurt ‘til it stops / The emptiness is heavier than you think.”
15.) THAT WON'T SAVE US by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“It's like I could break / I'd never let you hear my cries / The duller the knife the deeper the scars / I don't need a light to see in the dark / I know what you're like, I know who you are.”
16.) 1X1 by BRING ME THE HORIZON (feat. NOVA TWINS)
“Sabotaged myself again / Got a brain like a hurricane / Me and that bitch, no, we can't be friends.”
17.) ANIMALS by ARCHITECTS
“I do my best but everything seems ominous / Not feeling blessed, quite the opposite / This shouldn’t feel so monotonous / It never rains but it pours.”
18.) I'M NOT OKAY by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“I'll never have the words / I can't explain this hell / But what if it kills me / If I keep it to myself.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY


I binged The Haunting of Bly Manor because, despite my reservations, it ended up being so awesome. I didn't really like its predecessor all that much, but this sequel was everything I wish the first season could have already been.

As for movies, I got around to Midsommar and it was ... just so fucking weird. Weirder than I ever could have imagined. But a good kind of weird, I guess.
Next up I watched Mary Queen of Scots and it was simply divine. I am obsessed with Saoirse Ronan and have been ever since The Lovely Bones, not gonna lie.


NOVEMBER TBR

• The Burning God (The Poppy War, #3) by R.F. Kuang

November brings so many exciting new releases again and I'm hyped for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment