Friday, October 2, 2020

September Recap



WHAT I READ

Dare Me by Megan Abbott
The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Queen of Volts (The Shadow Game, #3) by Amanda Foody
Iron Heart (Crier's War, #2) by Nina Varela
As the Shadow Rises (The Age of Darkness, #2) by Katy Rose Pool

5 books. Not too shabby.



PLAYLIST

1.) NO WAY OUT by THE WORD ALIVE
“Then 2 turned to 4, now I’ve lost track / Memories flooded as it goes black / Mistakes that I’ve made just attack / When you’re this lost most don’t come back.”
2.) BURNING YOUR WORLD DOWN by THE WORD ALIVE
“I’m sorry, you pushed me to the edge / It’s your fault so cope with it / Something in you has to break / God knows that you need a change / I’m letting you know I’m burning your world down.”
3.) GREATEST ALMOST by THE WORD ALIVE
“And all the time that I wasted feels so long ago / I’m so glad that I faced it / Lesson learned, wouldn’t change it / Sometimes our hearts get the best of us.”
4.) THANK YOU by THE WORD ALIVE
“You know exactly what you did / And I’m better for it / I know you think that I forgave you / You’ll find out I fucking made you / There’s no one left to save you.”
5.) DRUNK by DAYSEEKER
“You have loved, and you have lost / So stay drunk if it hurts less / Prescription-fed, to fix your head / But nothing can repair it.”
6.) BURIAL PLOT by DAYSEEKER
“Is there relief in the misery? / Thought we would last an eternity / Forever I will feel this hollow / And now I'm left with the memories / One day I'll learn to live without.”
7.) SELF MEDICATED by UNTIL I WAKE
“When I'm completely numb, a darkness takes me / I turn into someone I hate completely / It’s me against the world / Take cover, you cannot fix me.”
8.) HYDRANGEA by CENSUS
“Was I ever in your plans? / Everything seemed fine / Then you left as quickly as you came / Said you'd never feel the same / I could've used more time.”
9.) CRAZY by TELLE
“Already know that I’m right, but you just wanted a fight / Don’t wanna think about who you’ve been fucking now / Every fight, every lie, you just call me / Crazy.”
10.) MY LITTLE SECRET by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“As I lay me down to sleep / I pray the memories won’t find me / Hit the bottle, hit the pills, trying anything / Just to forget what you did to me.”
11.) HOPE IT HAUNTS YOU by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“You stole my sanity / I'll never be the same / Some day you'll face the truth / When karma comes for you / I hope it haunts you.”
12.) ALL EYES ON YOU by SMASH INTO PIECES
“Killer for hire / Soldier of fortune / Gotta walk through fire / For what's important.”
13.) A TE COSA PIACE FARE by ANNALISA
“A me piace aprire i cassetti, cercare i biglietti / E trovare i reperti di amori finiti male / Una via, poi un’altra, ci si sbaglia.
14.) D'ORO by ANNALISA
“Non sono mai stata brava a chiedere scusa / La tua aura non mi fa paura / L’amore non mi manca / Perché alla fine sono una ragazza d’oro.”
15.) NUDA by ANNALISA
“Sbaglio meglio da sola, ora lo so / Credere all’amore e dare la colpa agli altri / Se mi trovi il cuore / Ti do tutti i miei soldi.”
16.) DON'T TURN THIS CAR AROUND by LUNDØN
“Always knew that I should have listened to the signs / This isn't right / Maybe we should end it, we can just forget it / There's no one to blame, we were broke from the beginning.”
17.) FORGET ME TOO (feat. HALSEY) by MACHINE GUN KELLY
“You want me to forget you / Okay, forget me too / You tell me you hate me, baby / Yeah, I bet you do / I'm keepin' you waiting / But I won't wait on you.”
18.) I'M NOT MAD by HALSEY
“And honestly, I still wish you nothing but the best / I know that you're still self-obsessed / I hear the wicked get no rest / But when you do, I hope you dream of me.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

Let's just ... not talk about The 100. Okay?
Let's talk about Ratched instead. I binged this show basically within a single day. Sarah Paulson is literally a goddess and the show was so incredible.
I also quite liked Cursed. It wasn't the greatest show ever, but quite enjoyable, and I'm especially very excited to see which direction it's gonna go from here, so I'll definitely be back for season 2.
Lastly, I watched The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Oh man, haunting. No words.

As for movies, I finally got around to watching Crazy Rich Asians and it was as good as everyone's been saying. Nightcrawler, on the contrary, was not good at all and I'm seriously questioning why everyone's talking so highly of it. The pace was crawling, alright, because nothing was happening up until the last 10 minutes of the whole movie.
But after that, I watched the best movie I've watched all year, which was Knives Out. It's been getting accolades left and right, and rightly so. It was such an insanely good movie, I need more, stat.
To fill the crime-shaped hole in me, I watched Enola Holmes as well, which was fine and all, nice to watch, but not as astounding as Knives Out.


OCTOBER TBR

• The Tower of Nero (Trials of Apollo, #5) by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment