Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August Recap

 

 WHAT I READ

• Dear Heartbreak: YA Authors and Teens on the Dark Side of Love by various authors
Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust

2 books. Ehh..


PLAYLIST

1.) WITCH HUNT by SLAVES
I don't like to think of what I wouldn't do / To stay the one who's waking up with you / I'd tell a million lies and let my pride fall down.
2.) CURSED by SLAVES
Will we break or will we bend / Just to lose it in the end? / We're too old to play pretend / Should I go or should I stay? / Will we ever be okay? / Or am I just getting in your way?
3.) CLEAN AGAIN by SLAVES
“Were my promises far from true? / Was there nothing I wouldn’t do? / Baby, you and I only took five nights / Just to say three words for the first time.”
4.) SECRETS by SLAVES
“And now we're so far gone / We don't know where to turn / I guess we're gonna let it burn / I'm missing somebody standing in front of me.”
5.) SCARS OF LOVE by FAME ON FIRE
“Did it ever cross your mind? / That we would come to an ending? / I woke up in a bed of lies / Didn’t know you were pretending / I’ve got nowhere else to go / You said you would never leave me.”
6.) DEAD by SUNSLEEP
“And don’t you ever try and come back / I built these walls on the death of love / Don’t wanna let go but all we were is dead / Don’t wanna let go of everything we had.”
7.) SOAK ME IN BLEACH by THE AMITY AFFLICTION
“When the dreamer dies / So dies the dream / Turn me inside out / Soak me in bleach.”
8.) ALREADY NUMB by DAYSEEKER
“If you're gonna leave, leave as fast as you came / Wish I could erase you from my brain / You make it so hard to feel love / When I'm already numb.”
9.) FALLING APART by CAPTIVES
“I think it’s happening again / And I just can’t quite believe / I’m having to pretend / But I’m not fooling anyone / And now I can’t win either way.”
10.) THE RECIPE by STATE CHAMPS
“I wanna know what it’s like / To barely sleep through the night / And not have a care at all / And though I know it’s been said I’ve had these doubts in my head.”
11.) A THOUSAND HEARTS (feat. SAXL ROSE) by STATE CHAMPS
“I don’t know why / I thought it was you / I’d change the hands of time / If only I knew.”
12.) LETHAL by POINT NORTH
“You know I'm lethal, no good for other people / 'Cause everything that I know seems to always let go / I'm on the fast track to never win my life back / You know I'm fatal, poisonous to the bone.”
13.) APOLOGUE by POINT NORTH
“Maybe this feeling's for everyone else but me / I guess they're better off without me / I guess I gotta live without them.”
14.) NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE by POINT NORTH
“I don't think you ever knew your own strength / Always kept your comfort at an arm's length / So take another step and feel the ground shake / There's no reason left for you to run.”
15.) LOVELESS by PVRIS
“I gave you tears when you wanted emotion / Said it was love so I cried out an ocean for you / You’re probably fine now and not even hurting / You’re free as a bird while I carry the burden for you.”
16.) WISH YOU WELL by PVRIS
“I wish you well / I wish you more than you deserve / I hope the next one doesn’t hurt / I know one day you’ll learn to face / The things that turned your heart to stone.”
17.) STAY GOLD by PVRIS
“You’ve seen my dark side, I left it on the table / Don’t wanna trap you in a song like all the others / ‘Cause they’re dying off every night next to each other / 'Til they fade and I don’t love them anymore.”
18.) USE ME (feat. 070 SHAKE) by PVRIS
“You need me like I need you / Baby, I could write a long love letter / Driving up to see the look on your face / If you use me it’ll be a shame.”
19.) GOOD TO BE ALIVE by PVRIS
“I tell myself I’m fine / While I’m looking for a sign / Is this body even mine? / Feels good to be alive / But I hate my life.”

This month was full of Fridays with amazing new albums each and every week. First up was Slaves' To Better Days, after that State Champs' Unplugged EP, Point North's Brand New Vision and the grand finale was PVRIS' Use Me. All of them were just ... so, so incredibly good.


CINEMATOGRAPHY


I am so excited for the breaks in The 100 to be over and finally be able to watch the last few episodes, because I am dying to see where it's all gonna go from here. 
I also finally got around to watching the last season of DARK and it was incredible. Confusing, and I'm still not quite sure about some things, but oh man. So intricately woven and so rich with detail, I loved this show.
Another show where I finally watched the newest season was La Casa de Papel! So many people told me the new season was just so-so, but I actually quite liked it and ended up enjoying it? Maybe because I had low expectations, who knows.
Also: season two of You. Again, people told me it wouldn't be that great, but I ended up enjoying myself a lot.
If you count it as simply a special season of Queer Eye, which I do, then yet another thing I got around to was Queer Eye: We're in Japan! So wholesome.
Last but not least, I ended up really binging Dare Me. I'm so sad that it got cancelled, the last few episodes were SO amazing and I really wanted to unravel the mystery. Also, the acting was just supreme.

SEPTEMBER TBR

• The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
• Iron Heart (Crier's War, #2) by Nina Varela
• As The Shadow Rises (There Will Come A Darkness, #2) by Katy Rose Pool

Honestly, there's like 10000 new books releasing in September that I'm super excited about, so I really, really hope that I'll have the time and energy to read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment