Sunday, May 31, 2020

May Recap

WHAT I READ

The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
This Is How You Lose The Time War by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone
Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3) by Julie Kagawa
House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1) by Jessica Cluess
The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1) by R.F. Kuang
• Wild Embers: Poems of Rebellion, Fire and Beauty by Nikita Gill

6 books.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is back, y'all. And it is glorious, so far... Granted, it's only been two episodes, but I myself have found them to be excellent, and I am really, really excited to see where this season is going. I have high hopes!
Another awesome show I watched was Hunters on Amazon. Tbh, I came for Logan Lerman, but I stayed because this show ended up to be actually quite compelling and entertaining. I loved season 1.
I watched a few episodes of Better Call Saul here and there, but not a lot. It is getting a lot better though, I am enjoying it more and more.
Next up, I finally finished Killjoys season 5. I only had three episodes left, and I don't even know why I fell off the wagon so close to the end, but I did enjoy the last few episodes. This show really did have a great run, and a satisfying end to boot, so they truly did everything right.
Another show I finally got around to finishing was The Good Place, specifically season 4 (obv). Again, I don't know why I never got around to this back when it first aired, especially because this final season turned out to be sooo good. It was super entertaining and I binged it within like two days. And the ending! It was so so perfect, exactly how one would want a show one has always enjoyed to end.

As for movies, I watched The Half of It and I, of course, loved it; it was wonderful. After getting a free trial for Disney+, I finally watched Tangled and to be frank, I absolutely fell in love with it. I really wonder why it was Frozen, and not this movie, that took off like it has... I thought Tangled was way better, personally. Oh well.


PLAYLIST

1.) LOVE LIKE THAT by LAUV
“Well, look at us / We’re in a room half crowded / And wish that I could finish what we started / But I don’t know how.”
2.) SETTING FIRES by AMERICAN AVENUE ft. DON VEDDA
“What I wouldn't do to save you / I can't keep you from harm / But I'm set on fire to keep you warm / I can't go on and on / Setting fires to keep you warm.”
3.) PAINKILLER by BEFORE YOU EXIT
“You are the feeling I'm craving / Rush in my veins is so pure / All of my fears had me shaking / You kept me still at the core / Light in the dark / I'm a little bit, a little bit lost.”
4.) ROSES by AWAKEN I AM
“You shift your head and meet my gaze / And make my blood course through my veins / My head's a mess when you're in it / 'Cause roses don't know when they're dead.”
5.) LIKE I LOVE YOU by NICO SANTOS (ft. TOPIC)
“He doesn't love you like I love you / He doesn't need you like I need you now / He doesn't know you like I know you / He doesn't love you like I love you / Hope he won't hurt you like I hurt you.”
6.) WASTING MY YOUTH by SLAVES
“Don't wanna live with a missing part of me / With the way things used to be / With a dream that's lost at sea / The past is a plague, it's not some sleepy town.”
7.) BITTER by FLETCHER (ft. KITO)
“I know you think about me when you kiss her / I left a taste in your mouth, can she taste me now / That you threw out all our furniture and pictures?”
8.) PHASES by DAN LANCASTER
“Are we in or out? / Don’t know if we're beginning or ending / I can change my mind / But every time I know I’m pretending.”
9.) HOLLOW by MOSAIC
“The chaos makes its way into my veins / Leaving only traces of who I used to be / If we live to die, what lies in between? / As far as I can see only memories and broken dreams.”


JUNE TBR

With an exception made for The Dragon Republic, which I am currently reading, I will of course only reach for books with LGBTQ+ themes/characters for this month once again, in honor of Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment