Saturday, May 2, 2020

April Recap

WHAT I READ

Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6) by Tahereh Mafi
Havenfall (Havenfall, #1) by Sara Holland
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo
Tarnished are the Stars by Rosiee Thor
The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2) by Christine Lynn Herman

6 books.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

How can Brooklyn Nine-Nine be over again already?! I feel like the new season just started the other day. Now I have to wait ages again for there to be new content, oof.
One Day at a Time, however, is still airing and at least this is going to fill the comedy-shaped hole in my heart B99 left behind for a while longer now.
Lastly, I finished Breaking Bad! It was a really, really nice show. I did feel like the last season could have wrapped up some things a bit better, but all in all, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I definitely had fun watching throughout all of the 5 seasons.

I did watch some movies this month, too — shocking, I know. I finally got around to watching Emma. and it was absolutely as good as everyone's been saying, highly, highly recommended. I didn't enjoy Little Women quite as much, unfortunately, but it was still a nice movie, too. Of course, having finished Breaking Bad, I also watched El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie and I got to say ... I thought it was unnecessary. It was a nice enough movie I guess, but it didn't address and/or wrap up any of the things I would have wished to have wrapped up from the season finale and I also felt like it didn't really add that much more information to Jesse's story either. But oh well. Similarly, while I did enjoy Bird Box, I also found it really unfortunate that a lot of things, especially the nature of the Thing happening, were left unexplained even at the end of the movie. I really would have loved to know more about those weird entities, among other things. Next up is Kingsman: The Secret Service, which I enjoyed a whole lot. It didn't take itself too seriously and I loved that. And, finally, I got around to watching The Wolf of Wall Street — honestly, I thought I would have to plague myself through three hours of this movie but especially seeing as it's not a lot of truly important stuff that actually happens within those three hours, I was surprisingly not too bored. Many scenes felt quite unnecessary and very gratuitous, but ah. It was not half bad.

PLAYLIST

1.) FAVORITE PLACE by ALL TIME LOW (ft. THE BAND CAMINO)
“I saw your face in a photograph / Oh, how I wish that it could talk back / I'd drive right off the Earth to find you / If it meant that I could see you tonight.”
2.) MONSTERS by ALL TIME LOW (feat. BLACKBEAR)
“Why do all the monsters come out at night? / Why do we sleep where we want to hide? / Why am I a sucker for all your lies? / Strung out like laundry on every line.”
3.) PRETTY VENOM (INTERLUDE) by ALL TIME LOW
“Trapped like rats inside a maze / It ain't the same, but it sure comes close now / Pretty venom in my veins.”
4.) BASEMENT NOISE by ALL TIME LOW
“How were we supposed to know / It all adds up when you let go? / And where are we supposed to go from here? / We're too far gone to turn back now.”
5.) WAKE UP, SUNSHINE by ALL TIME LOW
“Everyone wants to be somebody / I just want you to see how good you are / You don't have to lean on the crutch of a daydream / To see that you shine like a star.”
6.) SAFE by ALL TIME LOW
“For every long goodbye / There'll be a future down the road / Why don't you take a little time to get away?”
7.) MINDREADER by A DAY TO REMEMBER
“You’re laughing like I’m supposed to know / What you’re thinking but I don’t / I know that this never comes easy / But I’ll never be your mindreader.”
8.) A MILLION PIECES by POINT NORTH
“I never seem to know about the finer things / My mood is always changing with the autumn leaves / Hard to stay afloat in your violent seas / So pull me out, don’t you let me drown.”
9.) HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH WINE? by JC STEWART
“Have you had enough wine? / Have you had a good time? / Have I ruined your life? / I didn’t mean to.”
10.) ROSE COLOURED CATASTROPHE by DEAR ME (ft. KELLIN QUINN & HJ)
“Where would I be without you? / 'Cause I've been playing it out in my head  / All the things that I might do / But I just can't imagine going on without you.”
11.) ELIZABETH (ACOUSTIC) by MONUMENT OF A MEMORY
“But you chose to give up / And watch your world / Slowly molder with high hopes that you burn up in flames / Burn down everything you see in sight.”
12.) KEROSENE by VANISH
“So go and make a drink with some kerosene / With the words that you’re speaking / 'Cause you know that your words start fires.”
13.) GIMME A MINUTE by PVRIS
“A year of lows spent so high / Feeling like I’m out of time / Inner peace is hard to find / They’re asking why I think I’m losing my mind.”
14.) DEAD WEIGHT by PVRIS
“If we start cracking at the center I won’t let it break / Hold it together through the weather, it’s my DNA / So sick of being your giver, throwing my soul away / All give, no take.”

All Time Low truly returned with a banger album after their hiatus last year, and it did not disapppoint at all. I am so happy with the new record and I really hope that I get to see them live soon, seeing as the 5SOS concert with ATL as support has been cancelled, welp.


MAY TBR

• The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu

I already started this one, so I'm really hoping (and am very positive) that I'll finish it this month, too. Other than that, there's definitely a couple new releases I'm eyeing, but as always, I'll keep my options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment