Monday, July 6, 2020

June Recap

WHAT I READ

The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2) by R. F. Kuang
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1) by Marie Rutkoski

2 books. Yikes. Let's not talk about it.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

This is absolutely, without a doubt, the best season of The 100 yet. It is so addicting and I am truly loving all of the plot strings currently. I am so, so in love with this season and am heartbroken that it's the last, but honestly? This is a damn good way to go. They are delivering.
I started watching The Walking Dead, despite my reservations, and so far, it's quite good. We finished season 2.
The new season of Queer Eye is, unsurprisingly, just as great and heart-warming as all of the others before. I loved each new episode.
I started season 3 of DARK, as well as season 1 of Nancy Drew, but didn't make too much headway unfortunately.


PLAYLIST

1.) PIECE OF YOUR HEART by MAYDAY PARADE
“I was waiting for just one little spark / You are the brightest I’ve seen, you are the best side of me / And just for when we’re apart I’ve got a piece of your heart / But I want the whole damn thing.”
2.) I DON'T NEED YOU by ASKING ALEXANDRIA (feat. GRACE GRUNDY)
“After all’s said and done / I know I’m gonna get through this  / Rebuild the bridges I’ve burned down / And find the light in the darkness.”
3.) FINDING HOME by BOYS OF FALL
“Will you feel the same? / A life without your light / Is a life I live in shade / Time will go by / Will our love be lost?”
4.) ALL THAT CANDY by VUKOVI
“Blades out, I've had enough / I can't wait to cut you off / You're the sickness in my blood / I won't give you anything / I'd kill you twice, if it was a thing.”
5.) PARASITE EVE by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“When life is a prison and death is a door / This ain’t a warning, this is a war.”
6.) LIKE I DO by SLAVES
“I don’t let go / 'Cause I don’t know / Who I’d be without this pain / And after everything I’ve been through / No one fucks with me like I do.”
7.) CRYING OUT LOUD by STATE CHAMPS
“You say we’re changing, and I would agree / But how can you fight the feeling / When you don’t feel anything at all?”
8.) BETTER by LOVELESS
“I tried to walk away / I know that I can’t stay / Here in this mess that I made / I wish that I could say / The words I thought you needed / You needed to hear.”
9.) ALIVE by LED BY LANTERNS (ft. TOBI DUNCAN)
“I've got a lot of thoughts that I try to hide / Am I dying to live, living to die? / I can't make up my mind, I try / I'd give everything to feel something.”


JULY TBR

• Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust
• The Damned (The Beautiful, #2) by RenĂ©e Ahdieh

No comments:

Post a Comment