Thursday, April 2, 2020

March Recap

WHAT I READ

The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1) by Kiersten White
A Curse so Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
A Heart so Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer
Moment of Truth by Kasie West
The Warrior Moon (Their Bright Ascendency, #3) by K. Arsenault Rivera
Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1) by Cassandra Clare

6 books total.


CINEMATOGRAPHY


Brooklyn Nine-Nine is single-handedly getting me through each week, and barely. But it's a small comfort in times of strife, so I'm really grateful it's airing right now.
I basically binged season 4 of The Bold Type, and it was amazing. This show honestly keeps getting better and better and it's so addicting. I never knew it was this great getting to watch all (well, most) of the episodes back to back, and it's even better than having to always wait a whole week. Definitely can't wait for the remaining half of the season.
Although I do have to wait a week for each new episode of One Day at a Time. But it's manageable. I am very much looking forward to seeing how this season is gonna go, what with the new network and all. So far, it's good.
Lastly, I only managed to watch a few episodes of Breaking Bad this past month, due to the fact that me and my boyfriend can't currently see each other because of the whole Corona situation and we've been watching it together so far, so I can't continue without him. Sigh.

PLAYLIST

1.) FOR NOW by LAUV
“But for now, I'll love you through the phone / I'm really gonna miss you, but I'll kiss you through the screen / For now, 'til you come home to me.”
2.) WHO by LAUV  ft. BTS
“'Cause something has changed, you're not the same, I hate it / Oh, I'm sick of waiting for love / Oh, I know that you're not the one.”
3.) BELIEVED by LAUV
“'Cause now I'm reminiscing 'round the clock / Wish that I could make it stop / Didn't know it then, but now I know all this time, I / Should've believed in us.”
4.) JULIA by LAUV
“When we met, I wasn't me / I was so numb, yeah, I was so lonely / Out on the run, I wasn't free / And you came along, but you couldn't save me.”
5.) NO PLACE LIKE HOME by VALIANT HEARTS ft. JONNY CRAIG
“Under winter solstice skies / Where our worlds will both collide / Tell the wolves I’m on their side / Roam the earth with me for life.”
6.) MELANCHOLY KALEIDOSCOPE by ALL TIME LOW
“I wanna hear another fast song / Something to tune out all these bad thoughts / Light a fire in the coldest hearts filling up the halls.”
7.) TALK TO A FRIEND by SLAVES
“Tell me, what kind of man am I supposed to be / When the lines the razor blade made are faded? / Is there really any hope for me? / If a simple conversation's complicated?”
8.) LOVER OF MINE by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Lover of mine, maybe we'll take some time / Kaleidoscope mind gets in the way / Hope and I pray, darling, that you will stay / Butterfly lies, chase them away.”
9.) THIN WHITE LIES by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“When the sun goes down, we all get lonely / Watch me as I disappear / These empty sounds and endless stories / So tell me what I wanna hear.”
10.) LONELY HEART by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Can I have a second chance? / Can I have another dance? / Can I start another life with you? / When I wake up in a haze and I haven't slept in days / You're a thousand miles away.”
11.) BEST YEARS by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“You did all these things for me when I was half a man for you / I wanna hold your hand while we're growing up / Past love, burned out like a cigarette / I promise, darling, you won't regret.”
12.) BREAK MY HEART by DUA LIPA
“I wonder, when you go, if I stay on your mind / Two can play that game, but you win me every time / Everyone before you was a waste of time.”
13.) BREAK UP SONG by LITTLE MIX
“This is not a second chance / This is not a new romance, not tonight / This is for all the nights I cried for you, baby / Hoping you could be the one that could love me right.”
14.) INTO THE DARK by POINT NORTH ft. KELLIN QUINN
“Where do I start / When every turn I take keeps us apart? / I need a sunrise in the dawn / Show me what the world is running from, lately.”

So much new music released this month, whew. Lauv and 5SOS' new albums were, of course, highlights of the month and I really enjoyed both of them a lot.

APRIL TBR

• Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6) by Tahereh Mafi
• The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2) by Christine Lynn Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment