Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September Recap


 

WHAT I READ

These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2) by Sara Raasch
Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4) by Kendare Blake
There Will Come A Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1) by Katy Rose Pool
Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin
Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire & Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst
Of Ice and Shadows (Of Fire & Stars, #2) by Audrey Coulthurst

6 books. 


PLAYLIST

1.) DEAR FUTURE SELF (HANDS UP) by FALL OUT BOY (ft. WYCLEF JEAN)
“I know this one for a fact / My phone, they got it on tap / 'Cause every time I’m talking I can hear them in the back.”
2.) OH MY GOD by AMBERLAKE
“Controlling me like I'm on a string / Make me feel like I couldn't breathe / One last time with you and your twisted love.”
3.) GOOD ENOUGH by GEORGIA GREENE
“It's not something I can give you / Not something I can be for you / Even giving you my heart was never / Good enough / When is it good enough?”
4.) HOPING by ALYCIA MARIE
“I think we were born a tragedy / Seems like it’s history repeating itself / Maybe I was hoping you could love me / Maybe we were holding onto nothing.”
5.) DON'T CALL ME ANGEL by ARIANA GRANDE, MILEY CYRUS & LANA DEL REY
“Don't you know that I bite when the sun set? / So don’t you try come around me / Keep my name out your mouth / I know what you about.”
6.) GRAVEYARD by HALSEY
“'Cause I keep digging myself down deeper / I won't stop 'til I get where you are / Oh, when you go down all your darkest roads / I would've followed all the way to the graveyard.”
7.) BLACK & BLUE by NINA NESBITT
“I've been low, losing my head / Underwater, out of breath / Healing bruises in my brain / And all I want is their respect.”
8.) EMPIRE by NINA NESBITT
“I started fading quick / When I should've been making it / Guess that I lost my sight, I was way too young / Doubting what's in my mind, I guess I'll never learn.”
9.) DROWN by TYLER CARTER
“Try to find impressive colors / Paint over the shadows of another life / I'm drinking wine in my house of pain / I know that love is a losing game / I just don't have the strength to play.”
10.) SUCKER FOR HEARTS by LVLY
“Oh when you move, oh my god / You know how you're playing your cards alright / I'm a sucker for hearts / Dressed in the dirty clubs and diamonds.”
11.) HYPE by CHLOE TANG
“Not trying to be partial / But I think that ego is the root of all this / You puff your attitude, always bringing down my mood / You always hiding something just so you can feel cool.”
12.) REAL WORLD by STATE CHAMPS
“I wonder what it's like to be the rainmaker / I wonder what it's like to know that I made the rain / And you can come and see them when I'm done.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finally binge watched part/season 3 of La Casa de Papel (aka Money Heist) in a single day, and it was truly amazing. I waited long enough to finally get on this and every second was tantalizing. Such a wonderfully crafted, exemplary show. I also really liked Palermo, he was a good replacemnt for Berlín (although Berlín absolutely remains my fave) and Bogotá was another new character whom I quite liked. Ooohh, and another new favorite this season was absolutely Sofía. ;)
Another thing I absolutely binged was the second season of Mindhunter. The first season was so-so for me, there were some episodes where I was glued to the screen and there were others that weren't quite so interesting, and it seemed like this was going to be the case again for the second season, but boy was I wrong. At about episode 4, I was so completely hooked that I stayed up past 2am to finish the season. It was so great, although I gotta say the ending was SO damn unsatisfactory, but I'm pretty sure that's what the writers were totally going for. Gah! Please renew this for season 3 ASAP.
I also binged Euphoria. I gotta say, it wasn't all that and isn't quite as good as the hype made it out to be, but it definitely did have a certain something that made me continue watching even though I was also continously rolling my eyes. I gotta say though, I don't really see the sense in making a show about teenagers that no teenager could and/or should watch, tbh. The makeup looks, however, really were as bomb as everyone's been saying.
This was truly a month of binging one show in like two days and then not watch anything else for about a week. I binged Unbelievable on one Friday night with a friend, and it was such an experience. This one really hits deep, I loved it so much.

I watched some movies as well! First off, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and I - of course - literally made every wrong decision that was possible, lmao. As such, it was a bit frustrating at times and I was also a bit disenchanted by it after a while. The concept is really cool, especially all the breaking of the fourth wall, but I was a bit disappointed then to find out that it ended up being quite linear after all. Since it's kind of acknowledged whenever you (have to) reset that some of your decisions do end up sticking, I wish that choosing the same option as before might have had a different outcome the second time around, you know? I do realize that filming and actually including that might've been a tad too difficult in practice and that it also would have perhaps gotten way too convoluted otherwise, but eh. It was still fun.
Next up is I, Tonya and I really didn't think I would end up liking it as much as I did. This movie just has a certain character to it and Margot Robbie's performance is so ... catchy. I don't know, but I ended up loving it.
Lastly, I watched Disney's Coco with a friend and it, too, was wonderful. Of course, what else do you expect from Disney - but yeah, it was really well done. I was especially surprised by how good the young actor who played the protagonist was. Kudos to that kid, he was awesome.


OCTOBER TBR

• Crier's War (Crier's War, #1) by Nina Varela

No comments:

Post a Comment