Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Recap

WHAT I READ

Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2) by Julie Kagawa
Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan, Robin Wasserman & Kelly Link
Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) by Emily A. Duncan
Maybe This Time by Kasie West
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (re-read)
These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1) by Sara Raasch

6 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) BOYFRIEND by ARIANA GRANDE feat. SOCIAL HOUSE
“I wanna kiss you, don't wanna miss you  / But I can't be with you 'cause I got issues / Yeah, on the surface, seem like it's easy / Careful with words, but it's still hard to read me.”
2.) MOONCHILD by ESMÉE DENTERS
“Baby I'm a moonchild / Made up out of stardust / Living on a blue planet / Looking for a cosmic love.”
3.) WANT YOU BACK by GREY feat. LÉON
“Like a float in the ocean, our woodwork broke / But I want you back, want you back / Like a kiss on the face that the rain washed away / I want you back, want you back.”
4.) THIEF by ALICE CHATER
“You stole my heart just like a thief / I guess you'll always have a part of me / I said give it back / It's not yours to keep / Can't help myself / I'm falling for a thief.”
5.) SOMETHING SWEETER by LUME
“We can go one by one / Two by two / We’ll break the habit / We can sail the seven seas.”
6.) DRINK ABOUT IT by ISSUES
“Drown  in my cup, chasing the hurt / Down on my luck, I'm on the verge / Blood on your cuffs, I got the key / But  you'd rather lie to me.”
7.) HALLUCINATIONS by PVRIS
“I always thought we'd have another life / Dancing alone, left  in shadows / I  paint you in the corner of my mind / Pull the colors from the rays of light.”
8.) MISSING PIECE by DON VEDDA
“I had a hole on the inside / There’s something missing inside of me / Alone I'd drink myself to sleep / But you picked me up and believed in me.”
9.) TEETH by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Some days, you're the only thing I know / Only thing that's burning when the nights grow cold / Sometimes, you're a stranger in my bed / Don't know if you love me or you want me dead.”
10.) ONLY LOVE by JORDAN SMITH
“How many bridges could we cross instead of burn? / Only love can look inside a human heart / And see us for who we are / And who we are would be enough / If only there was only love.”
11.) GRUND GENUG by MADELINE JUNO
“Verschwende jemand anderen / Und wein, wenn ich dir fehl / Kein Grund mehr hier zu sein / Ist Grund genug, zu gehen.”
12.) DRIFTING AWAY by SUNSLEEP
“Tell me why we drifted apart, was I the anchor while you where the stars? / Just different pieces of the same universe? / And then when nothing seems the same, love, remember where you came from.”
13.) FALLING INTO PLACE by MELIS
“We're falling into place, soul to soul and in my heart / We're growing into one body, honey / But I need to know, I wanna feel / That look on your face, lighting up in the dark.”
14.) THUNDER by ALYCIA MARIE
“So you think you’re the hero of this story? / Guess it feels good to believe your own lies / You want me to say that I’m sorry? / Believe me, I’m sorry I stayed by your side.”

There were some really good bops this month. I'm happy.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 season 6 was, all in all, amazing. At least I thought so. I'm really heartbroken that season 7 is going to be the last one, but at least the show is going while it's still good then. I'm excited for one last wild ride.
On the other hand, it's no secret that I have not been a fan of season 4 of Queen of the South. However, the last two episodes were actually very solid and picked the ball up again. Was it enough to save the season overall? No. But now I'll definitely come back for s5, as it is already renewed.
Killjoys, while still fun, also shot my heart at point blank range and shattered it into a million pieces (RIP my naive, hopeless dreams and fantasies of a romantic Dutch x Johnny).
The Jane the Virgin finale was very sweet actually, and I enjoyed it very much. The last few episodes really saved the whole season, huh?
I also ended up binging season 3 of Dear White People in a day, it was so damn good. Honestly, this is truly a prime example of a show glowing just because you care so much about the characters and their arcs that you don't even necessarily need an overall plot to tie all their arcs together.
Another show I ended up pretty much binging was Parfum. It's a modern retelling of the novel of the same name by Patrick Süskind and it was equal parts horrifying as well as entertaining.
Another new show I started kind of binging is Mindhunter. I was in the mood for some true crime, and as of right now, I've finished the first season. I'll probably end up watching season 2 as well, but to be perfectly honest, this show isn't going to be a contender for a favorite show or anything. It's nice enough, but eh. Mostly what drew me to continue on with this series was the fact that the protagonist reminded me so much of Connor from Detroit: Become Human.
Lastly, I of course binged all of Queer Eye's season 4, finally. And it was so comforting.

Furthermore, I ended up watching two movies this month: Baby Driver and Moonlight, and I gotta say, I didn't find either as hypeworthy as they are being advertised. I found both of them pretty ... uhm, lame, to be honest. Oh well. The first more so than the latter, but that's really not much of an endorsement.


SEPTEMBER TR

• Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4) by Kendare Blake
• These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2) by Sara Raasch

Fall has some amazing new releases in store again, but I wanna keep my options open for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment