Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July Recap

WHAT I READ

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
Immunity (Contagion, #2) by Erin Bowman
Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen
Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1) by Natasha Ngan
The Phoenix Empress (Their Bright Ascendancy, #2) by K. Arsenault Rivera
Wilder Girls by Rory Power

6 books. Which is nice.


PLAYLIST

1.) AUTOMATISCH by MADELINE JUNO
“Schon wieder fast 4 und ich liege wach / Bitte erklär mir, wieso kommst du nur in der Nacht? / Du kontrollierst mein System wenn du sagst / Du gehörst zu mir, bleibst für immer da.”
2.) GIB DOCH NACH by MADELINE JUNO
“Was bringt mir Liebe wenn sie keiner haben will? / Wozu die Stille wenn ich sowieso nicht schlaf? / Und wenn es sein muss tanz ich ganz allein / Auch wenn die Leute aus den Fenstern schreien.”
3.) COLDER by NINA NESBITT
“When you're young and you get your heart broken / And he leaves, leaves the scars open / When you can't believe it's over / That's when you get a little colder.”
4.) DEATH OF ME by PVRIS
“'Cause heaven knows what you do to me / Let you chain me up or set me free / You could suffocate or let me breathe / You could be the death of me.”
5.) GODLESS by BANKS
“If your love was ever mine / It would stay with me tonight / There's a rage that still reminds me / I'm waiting / You don't believe in one divine / But can you tell me you believe in mine?”
6.) PROPAGANDA by BANKS
“You thought you found what you wanted in the propaganda / Too many pieces to mop up, I told you this was a mistake / It's undecided, but I got to know / We been divided, but I told you so.”
7.) TILL NOW by BANKS
“And you put your words in my mouth till now / And I let you turn me around till now / And you've been messing me around till now / And I let you push me around till now.”
8.) STROKE by BANKS
“Say it's hard to breathe inside my ocean / I gave you the deep, but you're still floating / You would let me drown to save your own life / Don't think I can't see your soul is soaking.”
9.) BACK 2 ME by SAINTE
“I'm sorry I can't make it out / Everyone's so high it brings me down / I'm sure you'll hit me up the next time you're in town / I'll give you my attention if you give it right back to me.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I binged season 2 of Netflix' DARK in a couple of days, pretty much. Honestly, it's just soooo amazingly good. Wonderful. So mind-blowing. I loved every second of it and I was hanging onto every word. This show is truly German excellence at its best.
Also good, although not quite as amazing, The 100 continues to entertain me week after week.
Of course, I managed to squeeze in watching sesason 3 of Stranger Things as well. Honestly, storytelling-wise, it wasn't very original and nothing new, but I still was very entertained throughout the season, so honestly... I'm not really complaining. It's just fun.
Queen of the South season 4 is still not really doing it for me, to be honest. I'm still waiting for it to really pick up, so far the episodes have either been super slow and/or the plot in those episodes is just ... not very gripping, either.
Jane The Virgin, on the other hand, has kind of picked the ball up again a little bit for the last few episodes.
I also finally caught up on Black Lightning, it only took me a few months, huh.
Lastly, I started up Killjoys again. Remember when I watched season 1 ages ago and then, while I did continue on with season 2 immediately after, I kind of dropped it again during the first half? It wasn't a conscious decision on my part, I just ... didn't have the time/energy/drive to watch on. I did, however, continue now, and was so hooked that I immediately binged all the other seasons and am now caught up just in time for the final season 5. I really don't know any other show where the plot really builds up and thickens, but stays kind of the same (but not bad same!) like it does with this show. It's so unique and interesting, and so cool.



AUGUST TBR

There's no new books I'm particularly excited about coming up in August, so we'll just see what catches my fancy. There's definitely still a few releases from the last couple of months that I want to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment