Sunday, June 30, 2019

June Recap

WHAT I READ

Going Off-Script by Jen Wilde
Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
The Tiger's Daughter (Their Bright Ascendancy, #1) by K. Arsenault Rivera
27 Hours by Tristina Wright
Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi
These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1) by Isabel Sterling

6 books. That's okay, I'd say. And I definitely stuck to my promise to only read LGBTQ+ books, yay. And it was amazing.


PLAYLIST

1.) SEÑORITA by SHAWN MENDES (feat. CAMILA CABELLO)
“'Cause you know it's been a long time coming / Don't you let me fall / And I hope it meant something to you / Call my name, I'll be coming for you.”
2.) LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME by BANKS (feat. FRANCIS & THE LIGHTS)
“Why don't you tell me you love me too? / Why did you sell me on that thing you do? / Why every single December I’m waiting on you? / Why you just looking me over?”
3.) BOUNCE BACK by LITTLE MIX
“He say that I'm the girl up in his dreams / Hot boy, better give me what I need / Wear me on his body like a throwback / And he better not move when I throw it back.”
4.) NOTICE by LITTLE MIX
“It's been a while since you noticed, I feel like you been losing focus / You lost the fire where the smoke is.”
5.) SOLA by FRANCESCA MICHIELIN
“E l’allegria che poi ritroverai / Nei gesti e nei dettagli / Piccoli e importanti / Anche se oggi vedi / Solo amori infranti.”
6.) ALL THE TIME by ZARA LARSSON
“I try to forget about you, baby / And I die when I think of you with someone else and / I don't know why you're dancing in my mind / From the breaking of the day to the middle of the night.”
7.) AVOCADO TOAST by ANNALISA
“Una sparatoria, ho premuto il grilletto / Ci andiamo domani a dormire presto / Trasloco l'anima in un dropbox / Io voglio colmare il vuoto che ho / Facciamo la guerra per fare la pace.”
8.) LET IT BLEED by UNLIKE PLUTO (feat. CRISTINA GATTI)
“Together we fall apart / And nothing can live, nothing can thrive / When you keep me in the dark / And you act so damn cold.”
9.) GOLD by SHADED
“What’s it gonna take to fill the void again? / Am I doing this all wrong? / And will I ever be enough to see the rough and clear it up, until you’re not just giving up?”
10.) TAKE OVER by HIDDEN CITIZEN (feat. RUELLE)
“Fire on the ground got ’em running for cover / Better watch out, I’m about to take over / I don’t got time to look over my shoulder / Leave ’em all behind, I’m about to take over.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is just ... really killing it right now with season 6, if you ask me. The sci-fi aspect is absolutely thrilling, the consequences on the characters' relationships with each other are dramatic and I am just loving every second of it.
I'm not quite sure what to think of Queen of the South season 4 so far yet, though. Like, it's not bad or anything, but in my opinion it definitely has a different feel to it than previous seasons. I don't know, I just miss Camila and James, tbh.
Jane the Virgin has picked it up again a tiny bit at least for the last few episodes. We'll see how they're going to wrap it up in the end; so far, I'm pleased.
The Bold Type, oh man, that finale ... I don't know. I don't love it, tbh. Like, we didn't really get any Kat relationship (so no f/f) but then also Jane forgave Sir Douchebag and they're back together? Yikes. If at least Jane had broken up for reals I would be kind of okay with it but the way it is now, I'm not particularly happy. But we'll see how season 4 goes.
Lastly, I totally binged the two seasons of Money Heist/La Casa de Papel in a few days and it. was. wonderful. So thrilling and so original.


JULY TBR

• Immunity (Contagion, #2) by Erin Bowman

Honestly, there are a few June releases that I also wanna get to - ones that I couldn't read this month because they didn't fit my LGBTQ+ themes-only set of rules I set for myself for June. So we'll see. There's definitely not that many new releases that I'm interested in coming up in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment