Saturday, June 1, 2019

May Recap

WHAT I READ

The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2) by Amanda Foody
Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5) by Victoria Aveyard
The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2) by Rachel Hawkins
The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon A Con, #2) by Ashley Poston
Geekerella (Once Upon A Con, #1) by Ashley Poston
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman

8 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU by SHAWN MENDES
“I'm good at keeping my distance / I know that you're the feeling I'm missing / You know that I hate to admit it / But everything means nothing if I can't have you.”
2.) GIMME by BANKS
“Got my attention on the prize / Was always something that I want though / And I can see it in your eyes / Gimme, gimme, what I want, what I deserve.”
3.) TAPPING OUT by ISSUES
“And you're spitting all up in my face / 'Bout to say some shit that we just can't erase / My heart is moving at a fast pace.”
4.) TAKEOVER by BEARTOOTH
“Never gonna make it / Everything is shutting down / Blame it on the outcome / Blame it on the system / Nothing is working out.”
5.) NIGHTMARE by HALSEY
“No, I won't smile, but I'll show you my teeth / And I'ma let you speak if you just let me breathe / I've been polite, but won't be caught dead / Letting a man tell me what I should do in my bed.”
6.) EASIER by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go? / I don't wanna know / But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change / And you know you don't want it any other way.”
7.) ROI by BILAL HASSANI
“I can see my kingdom now / Quand je rĂªve, je suis un roi / And I know even though you try to take me down / You cannot break me / You'll never remove my crown.”
8.) SOLDI by MAHMOOD
“Pensavi solo ai soldi  / Come se avessi avuto soldi / Dimmi se ti manco o te ne fotti / Mi chiedevi come va, come va, come va / Adesso come va, come va, come va.”
9.) LOVE by DAUGHTER
“Take your hands off him / 'Cause he's the only one that I have ever loved / And please don't find her skin / When you turn the lights off.”
10.) PAVEMENT (ACOUSTIC) by SAYWECANFLY
“Make my body your canvas / I've got love and you can have it / Tag my body with your spray paint / I've got love, I'll be your pavement.”
11.) BETTER by PARACHUTE
“I just wanna say that I was the wrong one / And I don't blame your choice at all / Believe me that I'm only sorry / And you were right to leave.”
12.) BACK TO LIFE by HAILEE STEINFELD
“What's a pipe dream if you ain't trying to do it? / What's a heartbreak if you ain't crying all through it? / What's a sunset if you ain't riding into it?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 season six is absolutely amazing so far. It really, really blows me away more and more with each episode. Now, I am feeling a bit of trepidation because that's what we said last year about the first half of season five as well, but we'll see. For now though I am still very hopeful.
The Bold Type is, of course, also mind-blowing every week. I love this show, and am so glad we're coming back for season 4. Whew.
Game of Thrones, on the other hand ... ugh. Ew. They really ruined everything, huh?
Jane the Virgin is continually disappointing me as well. Everything just feels so forced by now and like they're synthetically dragging it all out a few more episodes, which ... yikes. I'm kinda glad that this is over soon.
One show I that am not glad is over, is Shadowhunters. The last few episodes were really, really great and I would have loved to see more episodes and more seasons than what we got. :(
Lastly, another fabulous season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine is over, and now the wait begins anew for season seven. I'm sure it'll be awesome, as always, as were the last few episodes.


JUNE TBR

• Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
• Going Off-Script by Jen Wilde

For Pride Month this year, I'm only going to read books that include LGBTQ+ characters and/or are about LGBTQ+ themes. I tentatively wanna read at least these two, but I want to keep my options open as for the rest and decide spontaneously. It'll be great, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment