Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April Recap

WHAT I READ

Night Music by Jenn Marie Thorne
Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5) by Tahereh Mafi
Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab
Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3) by Claudia Gray
The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray, #1) by Christine Lynn Herman
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)

8 books. Not bad. And, of course, I did my annual TRC re-read around the time of St. Mark's Day.


PLAYLIST

1.) DON'T GIVE A by AFTRHR
“I feel your desperation / From afar / Looks like you don't quite know / Where you are / And when you get back to Earth / Shit'll be in reverse.”
2.) ALL NIGHT by AFTRHR
“All night, I've been staying up wishing that I could paint the sky / Tongue-tied, the push and pull of wants and needs won't give me peace of mind / I go the strangest places / In my head so clouded up.”
3.) DEVILISH by CHASE ATLANTIC
“Sever off the head and watch the body fall  / See you in the depths, that ain't a metaphor / Triple the six, abandon your God 'cause he don't exist.”
4.) WHAT U CALL THAT by CHASE ATLANTIC
“Sorry that I took my time to call back / I don't wanna spend time with your family / Cause I'm afraid I'll run my mouth and start rambling.”
5.) HERE WITH ME by ELINA
“I love you and you love me, but our boat is rocking / Storm's right here, let it in / But keep it steady, steady, 'cause you know we ain't done yet.”
6.) ANIMAL by WILDHEART
“You're cold-blooded / I will give it to you raw / And watch you feast on it / Like the animal you are.”
7.) JENNY OF OLDSTONES by FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
“High in the halls of the kings who are gone / Jenny would dance with her ghosts / The ones she had lost and the ones she had found / And the ones who had loved her the most.”
8.) POWER IS POWER by THE WEEKND, SZA & TRAVIS SCOTT
“I been down with the coldest war / And I know where I been 'cause I bled before / How do I know if we did it your way? / You wouldn't take my place.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finally finished watching The Haunting of Hill House. Honestly, I was quite underwhelmed, because I thought it was supposed to be horror, and friends told me they'd had trouble sleeping because of it. But it really wasn't very horrifying at all, and the plot was easily predictable. Oh well.
Of course, the moment Shadowhunters finally starts introducing an f/f couple it gets cancelled. I'm so emo about this. Heline for the win. And also, while the final episodes have been a tiny bit cheesy, I'm still enjoying the hell out of this show. For the last time. :(
Jane the Virgin, oh boy, oh boy .... Let me just say that I am so glad that this is going to be the final season. What a fucking mess.
Speaking of final seasons, Game of Thrones! I gotta say: The first three episodes really haven't been the most exciting for me personally (yes, not even ep. 3), but I do enjoy continuously being proven right and more right as each episode progresses with my predictions. I'm feeling more and more certain that I have correctly guessed (some) of what is going to happen. So I am definitely very excited for the rest of the season. I love the vindication of being right.
The Bold Type is so spot on, though! It keeps hitting all the high notes and addressing heavy and important topics with so much tact and grace, it's truly such a groundbreaking, amazing TV show. I really, really hope there's going to be a season 4.
The same goes for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, while not quite as groundbreaking, it is, as always, super much fun to watch and something to look forward to each week.
Lastly, I started slowly catching up on Black Lightning. I'm hoping to wrap up season 2 next month. So far, so good. I really don't like Jennifer and Khalil's relationship, though.

I watched 3 whole movies this month: Two were re-watches for me, and they were John Mulaney's Kid Gorgeous at Radio City as well as Schuh des Manitu (a German Western parody movie). And then I also watched Get Out, which was freaky as all hell, but awesome.


MAY TBR

• The Lovely and the Lost by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment