Sunday, March 31, 2019

March Recap

WHAT I READ

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes
Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5) by Tahereh Mafi
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
Fame, Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West

4 books, plus a novella. Eh.


PLAYLIST

1.) LAST ONE by THE ACES
“Promised you’d give me everything I really thought you meant that / And I gave you all I had  / And never got a damn thing back.”
2.) HURRICANE by THE ACES
“Was hoping for a different story / Wish I loved you like it's yesterday / Before our love became a hurricane / Wash me away.”
3.) SOMEONE YOU LOVED by LEWIS CAPALDI
“I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape / I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug / I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.”

I really have barely any new music, because this month was basically a 24/7 Shawn Mendes lockdown for me. I went to his concert in Cologne and so I was only listening to his music in preparation before that and then after the concert I was only listening to the live versions of the songs he performed that night. WELP.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is amazing as always.
So after I read You, I of course then also started watching the show and binged it within two or three days. Like, I knew what was going to happen next (roughly) but it still had me hooked it was really just that good.
Another show that really had me on my toes every week was Deadly Class. It's the best combination of being funny and intriguing and exciting all at the same time. And I absolutely adore most of the characters. I'm really hoping there's going to be a season 2, especially with that cliffhanger ending.
I'm also enjoying the bittersweet last few episodes of Shadowhunters. I still wish it hadn't been cancelled but we can't have everything huh. I'm very excited (and nervous) to see how season 3b is going to end, because the way it's going right now, I'm having trouble believing that a two hour special will be enough to wrap everything up. Yikes.
Of course I completely binged season 3 of Queer Eye. It's just such a happy-go lucky feel-good show for me, I love and enjoy every second of watching the Fab 5 do their magic. More, please!

As for movies, I watched Dumplin' as well after I finally got around to reading the book. I liked it fine, I definitely think the book is better (who would've thought) but also it definitely deserves a lot more viewers for how amazing and important of a movie it is.


APRIL TBR

• Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5) by Tahereh Mafi
• King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2) by Amanda Foody
• Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3) by Claudia Grey
There's definitely a lot of books coming out in April that I'm very excited to get my hands on, and as always, there's still so many new books that I have to catch up on. As is the way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment