Monday, February 4, 2019

January Recap

WHAT I READ

Evermore (Everless, #2) by Sara Holland
The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
Sadie by Courtney Summers
The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2) by Maureen Johnson
The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi

5 books. Not too shabby considering I should've been studying a lot.


PLAYLIST

1.) MEDICINE by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“Some people are a lot like clouds, you know  / 'Cause life’s so much brighter when they go  / And I spent too long in a place I don’t belong / Couldn’t see the thunder for the storm.”
2.) ERASE THE PAIN by PALISADES
“Oh, my head’s been filled with doubt / What I kept inside will eat me alive / Or will it keep me safe and sound / 'Cause I’m half alive.”
3.) PATIENT by PALISADES
“Take a look inside my head / I tried to patch the wound / But it keeps on coming back / I’m hollow to the bone / Screaming take my all.”
4.) DON'T BE A FOOL (MTV UNPLUGGED) by SHAWN MENDES
“Don't be a fool / And wait on me, darling / I know that you don't wanna hear this / But I'm always on the move / And don't be a fool / And say that you love me.”
5.) PATIENCE (MTV UNPLUGGED) by SHAWN MENDES
“First you say you love me, then you say you don’t / I wake up in the morning, and I'm all alone / Tell me that you're willing, then you say you won't / Can you make your mind up?”
6.) MOTHER TONGUE by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“I didn’t see it coming / But I never really had much faith / In the universe’s magic / Till it pulled us to that time & place / And I’ll never forget.”
7.) HEAVY METAL by BRING ME THE HORIZON (feat. RAHZEL)
“So I keep picking petals / All I wanna know is do you love me anymore / 'Cause some kid on the 'gram says he used to be fan / But this shit ain’t heavy metal.”
8.) SUGAR, HONEY, ICE & TEA by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“Think you got the wrong number / I’m breaking up / Want to make a connection / Can’t get no reception / Leave a message after the tone.”
9.) IN THE DARK by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“Oh, I’ve done it again / Dug a little deep and it’s all caved in / Now I free fall in a black hole / I know I’m getting warm 'cause I feel so cold.”
10.) SWAN SONG by DUA LIPA
“I can't lie, I'm scared to open my eyes / 'Cause what if I find nothing at all, nothing at all? / What is the point of my lips if they don't make noise?”

Bring Me The Horizon's new album was sooo incredibly good. Honestly. I don't really care about them changing their sound, they're all genuinely happy and proud of what they made and I still love what they're putting out so? Those who are mad about them not sounding like they used to 10 years ago anymore can die mad about it.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I really did not have time this month. The only shows I watched and continued to stay up-to-date on were Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place. Which is because they're lighthearted and easy to follow, and also not insignificantly because their episodes only last 20 minutes.

FEBRUARY TBR

• Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard

I CANNOT wait for this book. Oh my God. Luckily, when this comes out, I will have JUST finished writing my last exam (for now) and will be absolutely guilt free to just binge through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment