Saturday, January 5, 2019

December Recap

WHAT I READ

Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare
Toxic by Lydia Kang

2 books. Urgh, not a good end to the year, but oh well. At least one of the two was over 900 pages long.


PLAYLIST

1.) CR33PIN by DEAF HAVANA
“'Cause you're everywhere I go just creepin' up on me / Maybe you were never there at all, just in my imagination / I don't wanna go back to being strangers.”
2.) THE WOODS by OLIVVER THE KID
“I’ve seen all the wolves in this place / I’ve been a wolf in this place / I’ve seen the love in me fade.”
3.) HAUNT ME by WHILE SHE SLEEPS
“You're missing the point, can't understand my pain / Some people never change / It's like a fire without a flame.”
4.) BULLETPROOF by BEING AS AN OCEAN
“Maybe it's time that I embrace this change / Find some relief in the November rain / Think it's time to let go of all this pain / Let the flood waters come, wash away.”
5.) LIE TO ME by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER feat. JULIA MICHAELS
“Flashing back to New York City / I was done, but you undid me / Classic me to run when it feels right.”
6.) HAPPIER by KURT HUGO SCHNEIDER and MACY KATE
“Then only for a minute / I want to change my mind / 'Cause this just don't feel right to me.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I binged Season 2 of Marvel's Runaways within like two days and it was so incredibly fucking good. I love everything about it, and it is so groundbreaking. Deanoru have me in an absolute chokehold and they keep ending me (in a good way). Really hoping for a season 3.
I also really enjoyed watching the season finale-maybe-not of Timeless. I'll admit it felt a bit rushed here and there, but the historical aspects were, as always, phenomenal and I liked how they wrapped up the Rittenhouse story. (Also, Lyatt for the win.)
There were a few episodes (like, one, maybe?) of The Good Place that came out in December, and I am still very much enjoying this show as well.
Lastly, I started watching The Haunting of Hill House, but haven't done a lot of progress. So far it's quite alright, but I'm not particularly creeped out yet.



JANUARY TBR

• Evermore (Everless, #2) by Sara Holland
• The Wicked King (Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
• The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2) by Maureen Johnson

Finals season is coming up again so I'll probably not have a lot of time to read a ton, so ... we'll see how much reading I'll be able to get done, fingers crossed that I'll be able to get through all these exciting new releases though!

No comments:

Post a Comment