Thursday, November 1, 2018

October Recap

WHAT I READ

The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa
Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi

5 books. I'm pretty happy with that.


PLAYLIST

1.) WITHOUT ME by HALSEY
“Gave love 'bout a hundred tries / Just running from the demons in your mind / Then I took yours and made 'em mine / I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind.”
2.) PRAY FOR ME by YOU ME AT SIX
“I don't know how to lose somebody yet / And I've got all these voices inside of my head / You gotta pray for me, pray for me / Never gonna feel as good / The way I know life should.”
3.) LOSING YOU by YOU ME AT SIX
“I can't stand losing you / After all that we've been through / Sometimes there's no coming back.”
4.) TRUST MY LONELY by ALESSIA CARA
“It's time I let you go / I made the mistake, go writing your name on my heart / 'Cause your colours showed / But it was too late, you left me stained, called it art.”
5.) WHAT I AM by CROWN THE EMPIRE
“Tired of all this reused desire / You belong somewhere / Just not in my mind / I won't burn myself out / Just to keep you warm.”
6.) SICK by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“I'll take your loneliness, 'cause I know what it feels like / All your uncertainty, I'll make into mine / I'll take your punishment, 'cause I think I deserve it.”
7.) THROUGH GLASS by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“I can only wonder why I can't see in color without you / And I don't wanna try 'cause I see how the colors surround you / You light up the dark in me.”
8.) THERE'S NO WAY by LAUV feat. JULIA MICHAELS
“There’s no way that it’s not going there / With the way that we’re looking at each other / There’s no way that it’s not going there / Every second with you, I want another.”
9.) SILENCE by BEFORE YOU EXIT
“Everybody’s looking for love to start a riot / But every time I look in your eyes / The world gets quiet / 'Cause I knew I was in love with you / When we sat in silence.”
10.) NARCISSUS by DEAF HAVANA
“The day that I knew / I wasn't an artist / Just another drunk who could play a guitar / Brought into light / How I say that I'm honest / But I've never done a single thing from the heart.”
11.) DISEASE by BEARTOOTH
“I'm getting older / Still lost as ever / Faking a smile while I bury the pressure / Will the end make me whole again?”
12.) CLEVER by BEARTOOTH
“I feel like death and me are walking hand in hand / When my happiness is hanging by a thread I finally feel content / I guess being clever's just my safety net.”
13.) BELIEVE by BEARTOOTH
“I've got a weakness now / Saying it will all work out / And I'd give anything, anything, anything / To make me believe it.”
14.) DRIVE by GLADES
“I'm caught up when you look at me / You let my heart breathe with ease / Chasing stars in our galaxy / Making our own make-believe.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I legit binge-watched all three and a half seasons of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in a matter of mere days. It was so good.
Speaking of comedies, I am enjoying the third season of The Good Place, but I'd definitely say that it isn't their best so far. I feel like the premise isn't really working out so well, but we'll see.
However, the new season of The Gifted is truly out here slaying. There's so much going on and I really enjoy watching each new episode.
This also goes for the new season of Black Lightning, the social commentary really slays me.
The only reason, and I mean it the only reason I'm even still watching Riverdale at all is because of Cheryl and Toni. It's getting more and more ludicrous with every episode, but I'm toughing it out for a few seconds of my fave gay power couple.


NOVEMBER TBR

• Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment