Friday, October 5, 2018

September Recap

WHAT I READ

Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake
A Deeper Love (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #5) by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson
Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1) by Mary E. Pearson
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu

5 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) MUDDY WATERS by LP
“It is not clear why we choose the fire pathway / Where we end is not the way that we had planned / All the spirits gather 'round like it's our last day.”
2.) LOVE LIES by KHALID (feat. NORMANI)
“I've been so into your mystery / Is it because of our history? / Are you into me?”
3.) YOUTH by SHAWN MENDES (feat. KHALID)
“My heart is broken, but I keep going / Pain, but I won't let it turn into hate / No, I won't let it change me / You can't take my youth away / This soul of mine will never break.”
4.) SPLENDE by ANNALISA
“Il sole splende, ma oggi non mi prende / Lasciami soltanto un’ora di felicità / E poi più niente / Splende, il sole ancora non mi prende / Lasciami nel dubbio che sia la felicità / Questo niente.”
5.) I LIKE THE WAY by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“It's kinda sweet how you ramble when you're drinking / So stay with me, I'm addicted to this feeling / Don't complicate "I like you, babe."”
6.) P.A.T.T. by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“I don't need to look so perfect / To make me feel like I'm worth it now / If love is blind / Why do we got to be pretty all the time?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The last few episodes of season 3 of Queen of the South were so absolutely amazing, but the season finale gave me Bellarke war flashbacks and I am anxious, to say the least.
I also finally finished season 5 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which was most of the episodes to be honest, since I'd only watched like the first four or so. I gotta say, the first half was so horrible and boring I was tempted to drop it again, but then the second half really picked up and I thought, all in all, that the season was okay. I still think it should've ended here (albeit a bit differently in that case) and not gotten yet another season, but whatever. Welp.
On the topic of catching up, I was very remiss about staying up to date on Wynonna Earp this season, but I watched all of the episodes I missed and am now am finally up on the current status on this show again. I'm SOSOSO sad about youknowwho, but it was his decision, so.... I guess we'll just have to come to terms with that. All in all, I can't say I particularly enjoyed this season, not gonna lie.
The season premieres of both The Good Place and The Gifted were nice. I'm very excited.


OCTOBER TBR

• Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1) by Julie Kagawa
• Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand

No comments:

Post a Comment