Friday, August 31, 2018

August Recap

WHAT I READ

Contagion (Contagion, #1) by Erin Bowman
Bright We Burn (Conqueror's Saga, #3) by Kiersten White

2 books. I am ... ashamed of myself, truly. I have nothing to say in my defense.


PLAYLIST

1.) YOURS by NOW, NOW
“I'm driving faster with the windows down / Just to keep my mind off of you / I'm leaving the light on for you, baby won't you come my way.”
2.) TENSION by CAPPA
“When you're drinking your coffee like that / Your lips go / I can't ignore what I'm feeling for you / When you lock me up, kiss in your car.”
3.) FEAR by DEAF HAVANA
“I tried to run and wait it out / But I've become a mess of doubts / And I know I'm hard to be around / When I'm down and out.”
4.) PURE by DEAF HAVANA
“So medicated, I'm wasted / You're trying hard just to hate me / And I know you burned out praying things don't change / I think I might've killed you / At the very least I wore you down.”
5.) HEAVEN by DEAF HAVANA
“I always had a way with words and / I used it for myself, didn't care who else along the way got hurt / Now I'm censoring the lines between what I know is wrong / And moving on from all these countless nights.”
6.) WORSHIP by DEAF HAVANA
“'Cause I was scared that she would know we were doomed from the start / And every hour brings me closer to breaking apart / 'Cause this ain't new / It's just a ritual between me and you.”
7.) EPIPHANY by DEAF HAVANA
“All I want is to begin again / But now I'm up here on this ledge / I know at times you wanted to kill me / But let me save you the trouble and feel me.”
8.) EMPIRES by RUELLE
“Empires rise, empires fall / We live or die to take the throne / Only one will stand at the end of it all.”
9.) ROMANTIC by WENS
“I want you to need me / Easy fucking, breathe me / So bad you can't stand it / Next level romantic.”
10.) HER by WENS
“Am I going crazy / Thinking that you felt the same things? / Russian roulette on the tables turning / I see the way that you see her burns me / Did you tell her the things you're telling me?”
11.) REASON by WENS
“Thought I could turn your ice cold heart into sun / But I never could've been so wrong / There's a hundred reasons I should let go / But I got too many reasons, reasons I won't.”
12.) BREATHIN by ARIANA GRANDE
“I can so over-complicate, people tell me to medicate / Feel my blood running, swear the sky's falling / How do I know if this shit's fabricated?”
13.) LOVERS by ANNA OF THE NORTH
“You told me I would never see you go astray / Said we'd never be apart / Never leave me in the dark / I guess there's just some promises you shouldn't make.”


Deaf Havana's new album RITUALS really is THAT good, y'all. Go listen to it. But overall, this was again a pretty nice month, music-wise.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 season 5 started out so amazing, and then it really dragged during the last 5-6 episodes, but that season finale? God fucking damn. Honestly, I can't wait for season 6, that plot twist is really making me look forward to what they're gonna come up with next.
Speaking of season finales, The Bold Type ended on such a cliffhanger that it really wrecked me. Hopefully season 3 comes out soon-ish.
I started watching two new shows this month as well: Killjoys, which I quite like so far (I'm now starting season 2), and Queen of the South, which is so amazing and I binged season 1 in basically two days, and am also on season 2 now.


SEPTEMBER TBR

• Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake
... And basically all of the other books I have yet to read that have been released these past few months. WELP.

No comments:

Post a Comment