Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July Recap

WHAT I READ

Bring Me Their Hearts (Bring Me Their Hearts, #1) by Sara Wolf
LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff
Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter

I'M HORRIBLE. 3 books. Just three. I am so, so sorry. This month was just more of a .... play Detroit: Become Human the whole time, watch YouTube and TV shows and do no reading, basically, and then I also had a lot of studying to do, so I had pretty little free time already as is, so.... I have no excuses, I'm just terrible, sorry.


PLAYLIST

1.) MIRACLE by CHVRCHES
“Ask for forever when the end is in sight / Showing what you want to / We're looking for light inside an ocean of night / But will we ever see it through?”
2.) TOURIST by LYDIA
“I got that devil in my eye / Taste you on my mouth / If we're going down / A night to forget / Give me that poison in your mind.”
3.) GOD IS A WOMAN by ARIANA GRANDE
“When all is said and done / You'll believe God is a woman / And I feel it after midnight / A feeling that you can't fight, my one / It lingers when we're done / You'll believe God is a woman.”
4.) DANCE TO THIS by TROVE SIVAN (feat. ARIANA GRANDE)
“And dear, my lover / Do that thing we never do sober, sober / Oh, yeah, under the kitchen lights / You still look like dynamite.”
5.) EASTSIDE by HALSEY & KHALID
“We got our dead-end jobs and got bills to pay / Half our friends are now are enemies / Now I'm thinking back to when I was young / Back to the day when I was falling in love.”
6.) FIND ME by TEZATALKS
“There's no rules to how death may come find me / I ain't scared I just feel like that time is / Running out so I can’t stop / Will someone press pause and kindly remind me / There's no rules.”
7.) YOUR SIDE OF THE BED by LOOTE
“He's getting all the songs you used to get / He's getting all of the words inside of my head / I got me someone else instead / He's taking your side of the bed.”
8.) HOLY by DEAF HAVANA
“I was a liar / I'll never be holy in your eyes / But you'll never be either / 'Cause I know that underneath your smile hides the nights that you regret and the days you can't forget.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 season 5 started off so incredibly strong and now it's just .... been disappointing me since easily 5x05. Sigh. Jason Rothenberg sits there clapping himself on the back for his supposed genius and meanwhile the audience is just ... appalled. Murdering your characters' personalities and likability for shock value is a no-go. I'm over it.
The Bold Type, on the other hand, is truly incredible every week; I really love this show to death and back. I think I've seen that they are already shooting season 3?! Dude, I am literally going to cry if it comes back even sooner because of that, I'm really hyped for the season finale because I just know I'll be bawling like a baby just as I did during the season 1 finale. (also, the soundtrack is always fire.)
Also, I literally binged both seasons of Queer Eye within, like, a week and that even though I should have been studying for my exams lmfao. I am SO IN LOVE WITH IT THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SHOW ooomf. I'm obsessed. When's season 3 coming out?!
Lastly, Wynonna Earp ... humph. I don't really have anything to say about that situation. We'll see how the reast of the season goes.


AUGUST TBR

• These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
• Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment