Sunday, July 1, 2018

June Recap

WHAT I READ

The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3) by Julie Kagawa
Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
Save the Date by Morgan Matson
A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3) by Sabaa Tahir
The Art of French Kissing by Brianna R. Shrum
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (re-read)

6 books. That's okay, that's fine.


PLAYLIST

1.) SINNER by DEAF HAVANA
“I let you down, it's what I always do best / I found my way under your skin and somehow crept into your chest / There's all the hours I wasted trying hard to fool you.”
2.) DRIFTING by AFTRHR
“I've been trying to find a piece of my mind that ain't preoccupied / I'd love the vacancy / I get so torn apart but my sedated heart was built for this.”
3.) 3AM by YOU ME AT SIX
“And now it's 3AM and you're calling me up again / And you wanna know if I meant every word that I said / And you should go home but you just got a taste of the midnight air.”
4.) SOMETHING ABOUT YOU by STATE CHAMPS
“You've never seen me cry / But I've done it / Maybe told a lie / But who doesn't?”
5.) LIGHTNING by STATE CHAMPS
“Who knew we were lightning? / I saw a spark before we heard any sound / If you look my way instead / We could make this permanent / Is there something waiting to be found?”
6.) CRIMINAL by STATE CHAMPS
“And I'm a world away / Somehow you come find me / Too close to stay on track / Tossing and turning back.”
7.) FROZEN by STATE CHAMPS
“You know I tried my best / I asked for your heart but you asked for a breather / Now I feel it in my chest / I wasn't ready for this but you weren't either.”
8.) BABYLON by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“We said we'd both love harder than we knew we could go / But still the hardest part is knowing when to let go / Burn too bright, now the fire's gone, watch it all fall down.”
9.) TALK FAST by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“I don't wanna think about a moment with you / I'm kind of hoping for forever / Oh, talk fast, romance / Won't last, I'm okay with that / Burn, crash, romance / I'll take what I can get from you.”
10.) MEET YOU THERE by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“So you go your way and I'll go mine / And if we're meant to, I'll meet you there / We can't speed up the hands of time / But if we're meant to, I'll meet you there.”
11.) BETTER MAN by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Darling, all of my wrongs, they led me right to you / Wrapped in your arms, I swear I'd die for your love / With your love, your love, I'm a better, better man.”
12.) GALLOWS by KATIE GARFIELD
“Tell them something is coming / There's blood in the water / Give them a warning / Let it all come crashing down / Burn the castle to the ground.”
13.) HEY LOOK MA, I MADE IT by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“In the garden of evil / I'm gonna be the greatest / In a golden cathedral / I'll be praying for the faithless.”
14.) HIGH HOPES by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“Had to have high, high hopes for a living / Didn't know how but I always had a feeling / I was gonna be that one in a million / Always had high, high hopes.”
15.) HELL by DEAF HAVANA
“I still remember when you woke up in that t-shirt you found / At the back of my bedroom underneath all your doubts / That you had in your head, oh they were there all along.”


SO MUCH NEW MUSIC WAS RELEASED THIS MONTH AHH!


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is literally killing me with all these breaks in between episodes, I swear to God I am going to die of a heart attack any time soon now. I can barely tolerate having to wait so goddamn long for each breathtaking episode, it's definitely a wild ride.
Another wild ride is The Bold Type, which is going strong (and airing regularly) every week, I really, truly love this show; it's just such a nice feel good show.
As for the Sense8 Series Finale (for now, hopefully?) ... Well ... ah ... I enjoyed it? I guess? Idk, there were a few things I felt were a bit odd and out of character and just, overall, it wasn't quite as satisfactory as I'd hoped seeing how a lot of things were rushed, which is understandable given the time constraints and all, but still — it didn't quite turn out to be everything I'd hoped and more.

I watched a movie this month: Set It Up! And I loved it, surprisingly. I'm not huge on romcoms (as I am not huge on comtemporary novels either) but as evidenced by my tbr this month, I apparently was kind of in a mood for it after all, I guess. It was really awesome and funny and cute, and can I just say that I really love Zoey Deutch?


JULY TBR

• Bright We Burn (And I Darken, #3) by Kiersten White

No comments:

Post a Comment