Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Recap

WHAT I READ

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin
• Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5) by Bethany Griffin
Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2) by Bethany Griffin
The Nightmare Affair (Arkwell Academy, #1) by Mindee Arnett
• The Nightmare Dilemma (Arkwell Academy, #2) by Mindee Arnett
Perfect People by Peter James
Zodiac (Zodiac, #1) by Romina Russell
• No Intention of Dying (Internment Chronicles, #0.5) by Lauren DeStefano
• This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Which makes a grand total of 7 books, including three novellas. I just, I'm not even going to say anything on this matter. I can do so much better and I know that. I am glad, however, that I managed to just barely catch my secret goal of 150 books in total this year, but this reading slump has been holding me in its grip for months now and I can't seem to get out. I'm hoping that some of the new releases I'm looking forward to in 2015 are finally going to change that. I notice every time I pick up a book how much I love to read and how much I enjoy it, but it's only when I'm actually taking the time to read that I do. I'm just not inclined to pick up a book like that, and I don't know why. Sigh.

PLAYLIST

1.) PROBLEM by SET IT OFF
“Head in the clouds / Got no weight on my shoulders / I should be wiser / And realize that I've got / One less problem without you.”
2.) LONG WAY HOME (ACOUSTIC) by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“So we’re taking the long way home / 'Cause I don’t wanna be wasting my time alone / I wanna get lost and drive forever with you / Talkin' bout nothing, yeah, whatever.”
3.) DON'T LOOK NOW, I'M BEING FOLLOWED. ACT NORMAL by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“The frost is sinking in, in my cheeks, in my chest, in my fingertips / ‘Desperation,’ we name every cape beyond the last / Frozen senseless, every day is a winter solstice.”
4.) BLACK WIDOW by RITA ORA ft. IGGY AZALEA
“You used to be thirsty for me / But now you wanna be set free / This is the web, web that you weave / So baby now rest in peace.”
5.) TEARS ON THE RUNWAY (PT. 1) by TYLER CARTER (feat. NYLO)
“I bet you talked to me 'cause you saw my personality  / From across the hall, yeah / Does it look like I believe that it must've been  / My heart of gold you saw?”
6.) FAME > DEMISE by WOE, IS ME
“Yeah, this war don’t determine who’s right / This war just determines who’s left standing tonight  / Stop handing me lights  / I can see what you are in the dark just fine.”
7.) THE LANGDON HOUSE by ISSUES
“Did I fail to mention, it's all part of my imagination / I could actually pick and choose my loose ends / And tie a knot, but all I do is / Run and hide, it'll get ya boy.”
8.) THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT by FALL OUT BOY
“And it’s our time now if you want it to be / Maul the world like the carnival bear set free / And your love is anemic, I can’t believe.”
9.) SO SLOW by TYLER CARTER
“I can think of a couple of ways to  / Make it feel like a couple of days went by  / That he didn't even cross your mind.”

Tyler Carter such an amazing, wonderful and talented man, I am so in awe. He can do anything with his voice, literally he could just yodel and I'd think it's one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. What a legend.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Well, not that much still, but I am happy to say that I've at least started watching American Horror Story: Freak Show. Yay! I'm almost up to date and while I think so far this is its weakest season yet, I'm enjoying it nevertheless.

JANUARY TBR

• The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
• Reborn (Altered, #3) by Jennifer Rush

There's another book coming out I'm looking forward to, which would be Ensnared (Splintered, #3) by A. G. Howard, but I'm not sure I'll be reading that as soon as it comes out, so I'm hesitant to put it on my TBR. We'll see, like I said, my reading habits are upside down right now, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment