Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November Recap


WHAT I READ

The Cure For Dreaming by Cat Winters
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin
In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst

Which makes a whopping total of ... 5 books! Uhm, yeah. I don't know, I mean for the average reader that's not too bad, not to mention that two of these were around 500 pages long, but I'm still not satisfied. I mean, I'm okay with this, but I can do better, I can read more, definitely. I'm just still looking for that one book that is going to be so amazing and will so blow my mind away that I'll want to read many, many more books to find that thrill as soon as possible again. Still looking, still searching.

PLAYLIST

1.) AIN'T IT FUN by TYLER CARTER (feat. LUKE HOLLAND)
“If it don't hurt now then just wait, just wait a while / You're not the big fish in the pond no more / You are what they're feeding on.”
2.) INTRODUCED SPECIES by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“Wake up, walk on the wires / Defeat and define / Wake up, react and reshape / Unravel, unmake yourself / We're invaders from the inside / We're survivors in silver skin.”
3.) WATCHMAKER by HANDS LIKE HOUSES (feat. MATTY MULLINS)
“Teach me how to rewind, rewind  / So I can relive every second, minute, all I missed / I'm always focused on the next thing.”
4.) ME AND MY BROKEN HEART by RIXTON
“Maybe some part of you just hates me / You pick me up and play me / How do we call this love? / One time tell me you need me tonight / To make it easy, you lie.”
5.) DON'T STEAL MY GIRL by ED SHEERAN & ONE DIRECTION
“Everybody wanna steal my girl / Everybody wanna take her heart away / Couple billion in the whole wide world / Find another one 'cause she belongs to me.”
6.) JUST SAYING by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“You should leave him / 'Cause it really makes me sick to say it, just saying / You don't need him / I'll help you get over it, just saying.”
7.) AMERICAN BEAUTY/AMERICAN PSYCHO by FALL OUT BOY
“I think I fell in love again / Maybe I just took too much cough medicine / I'm the best worst thing that hasn't happened to you yet.”
8.) THE HEARTS OF OUR YOUNG by SLAVES (feat. NATALIE CRAIG)
“How could you leave her, she was perfect? / Now all your dreams, they reek of failure / Still the older we get, the more broken we become.”
9.) SLIP AWAY by THE SUMMER SET
“I pushed my foot down on the gas / It’s when our breath fogged up the glass / One wrong turn and we both crash / Why do we always move so fast?”

I finally discovered Hands Like Houses for myself this month! I've wanted to listen to them already a few months back, but back then their stuff wasn't on Spotify yet and I didn't want to just download the stuff without having listened to it before (YouTube is out of the question if you live in Germany...) Anyway, I'm so so happy I finally took the chance to listen to them, because they're seriously damn amazing. I am so in love with their music, and if I'm being honest, I think they have some true favorite potential. I'll keep listening to 'em and tell you in a few months if I still love them this much — it's a very real possibility, though.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Well, this is embarrassing. Still nothing... in my defense, I really had a limited amount of free time and what free time I had I used to either get some well deserved sleep or read instead. Have to set priorities, man.


DECEMBER TBR

• This Shattered World (These Broken Stars, #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

And... that's it. There's not too much releasing in December that I actually want to read, like, right away if I'm quite honest, except for that one. So, I'm keeping my options open and free, so I can just read whatever I want without feeling any obligation to desperately finish or start something I don't even really want to be reading. The Christmas holidays start next month, so I'm hoping to get more reading done again, but then again ... I've said this for approximately half a year now already, so I think I better just shut up about that.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I also always plan to do a lot of reading in the holidays (though I don't necessarily make a TBR pile of the specific books) and something usually happens which will mean that it doesn't happen exactly as planned ahah

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/december-plans.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I'm planning on finally reading Lord of the Rings during the Christmas holidays, so we'll see if that'll end up working or not... :D I hope so!

      Delete